Windows 10: Sound not working shortly after installing Windows10

Discus and support Sound not working shortly after installing Windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Shortly after I installed windows, the computer had audio and microphone input. But after about 1 minute the audio disappeared and so did the mic. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DimoYordanov, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Sound not working shortly after installing Windows10

Shortly after I installed windows, the computer had audio and microphone input. But after about 1 minute the audio disappeared and so did the mic. But when I locked in the device manager the devices were there but not in there category, but in "other devices". The laptop I use is Lenovo S540. I have tried reinstalling the drivers from windows and from the official Lenovo site, I too have tried changing manually the drivers. I have tried troubleshooting.

:)

DimoYordanov, Jan 21, 2021
  2. ronbob Win User

No sound after installing Windows10

After installing Windows10, I lost the sound on my computer, HPslimline pavilion. I tried technical help from Microsoft but the tech couldn't get the sound to work either. Her suggestion was to check HP for driver updates, but I can't find any that relate
    to sound and Windows10 specifically. Any help would be appreciated.

ronbob, Jan 21, 2021
  3. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Jan 21, 2021
  4. sammy Win User

Sound not working shortly after installing Windows10

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Sound not working shortly after installing Windows10

1. Sound not working shortly after installing Windows10 - Similar Threads - Sound working shortly

2. Sound isn't working after installing vac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound isn't working after installing vac: Hi.. I was just following some tutorial to install something but the game didn't work so I tried another tutorial which requires me to install VAC Virtual Audio Cable. And all of a sudden sound didn't work and I tried to follow another tutorial but failed, I tried doing it on...
  3. Sound isn't working after installing vac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound isn't working after installing vac: Hi.. I was just following some tutorial to install something but the game didn't work so I tried another tutorial which requires me to install VAC Virtual Audio Cable. And all of a sudden sound didn't work and I tried to follow another tutorial but failed, I tried doing it on...
  4. Webcam stops working shortly after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stops working shortly after restart: Hello, Just since a few days my build in laptop webcam works for like 5 seconds after a restart and the stops working. I get the error that the webcam got unplugged. Wenn I reopen the camera app it shows the error: No camera attached. What can I do? The webcam also...
  5. installing windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows10: while installing windows10 using usb drive process stops during collecting info. I tried a few times but could not finish collecting info. How can I proceed with installation...
  6. windows10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 install: I installed win10 on my desktop now I want to install it on my laptop which is currently running windows 7, do I need to spend another $200 to to this or can I use the key with my desktop install?...
  7. Installing Windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows10: I have a lightly used HP laptop with XP installed. Can I install Windows 10? How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows10/ed906a7e-30d1-46c7-a935-bf6afafd6932"
  8. Windows 10 Not working shortly after installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not working shortly after installation: I've tried searching for this issue but I had no success so I'm here to see if anyone can help me. I recently built a new pc and I'm in the process of installing windows 10. I used a USB windows boot drive and everything went smoothly. Shortly after getting windows setup...
  9. sound equalization on windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound equalization on windows10: how do i adjust/access the equalizer on Windows10? when i play music thru my JBL mobile speaker it sounds so flat. On any other device, my JBL sounds totally rockin'....
  10. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting: For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT...