Windows 10: Sound not working until reboot

Discus and support Sound not working until reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound keeps crashing on my new laptop (fully loaded Dell XPS) running windows 10. What happens is this: 1. Sound works fine until and I connect to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RM_194, Mar 8, 2019.

1. RM_194 Win User

Sound not working until reboot

Sound keeps crashing on my new laptop (fully loaded Dell XPS) running windows 10.

What happens is this:

1. Sound works fine until and I connect to a bluetooth device. Audio works fine on the device too.

2. I turn off the headset.

3. I can't get any sound from native speakers. The device manager has the internal speakers as the device with Realtek drivers. Nothing I try seems to fix this issue.

4. If I restart the laptop, then the sound is back.

So all in all, I end up restarting my system about 5 times per day on average just because of this issue.

Please suggest a fix - this is completely inexcusable for a system worth $2500!

:)

RM_194, Mar 8, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working until reboot :p

cadaveca, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound not working until reboot - Similar Threads - Sound working until

2. Audio doesn't work until after multiple reboots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work until after multiple reboots.: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the sound system hardly ever works. Headphones don't work, built-in speakers don't work. Just silence. Please help :...
  3. system locks up until reboot

in Cortana
    system locks up until reboot: after W10 upgrade installation upon turning on the system all works fine, if I leave the work station and computer goes into sleep mode It become locked and I can not use the machine again without rebooting ... the system locks in in cortina and must be rebooted.?...
  4. Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted: I have allowed the Zoom app in the AVG Antivirus. The webcam was working. After the laptop was unused for a day and had been asleep, Zoom's webcam would no longer work. I googled and found that the webcams often would not work after the laptop had been asleep. Once I...
  5. Keyboard number keys stop working until I reboot.

Keyboard number keys stop working until I reboot.: My keyboard number keys the ones in a row above the letters, not the ones on the numeric keypad randomly stop working. I can't get them to work again without performing a reboot, although if I put up with it for a while, the problem sometimes fixes itself. I thought it was...
  6. TV sound though HDMI not working until I open Sound Settings

TV sound though HDMI not working until I open Sound Settings: I have two displays plugged in to my GPU, my main monitor and my Philips 32" TV as a secondary monitor. The thing is, whenever I switch to the TV, Windows 10 does not recognise the TV speakers only the PC ones until I open the Sound Settings Menu. When I open the menu, the...
  7. Sound not working until I Disable/Enable Headphones

Sound not working until I Disable/Enable Headphones: My headphones stop working until I Disable/Enable them or I run the troubleshooter then they start working for a while until I pause a video shortly and then when I un-pause the video, they stop working again and they need to be restarted. I have tried reinstalling my...
  8. Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot: My computer ever since replacing the Motherboard has been having new set of issues not relating to a bluescreen at all this time just the system will randomly freeze up at different times like opening a twitter profile, facebook profile or a program.. It don't even respond to...
  9. Automatically Hide taskbar suddenly stops working until reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatically Hide taskbar suddenly stops working until reboot: Hi there a bit of an irritant - anybody else had this and do they know how to fix. The Automatically hide taskbar / quick launch bar suddenly stops working until next re-boot. No rhyme or reason --just stops randomly. Video drivers and monitor software all 100% OK....
  10. Start menu not working until reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working until reboot: Hello all, I occasionally (but frequently enough that it is noticeable) get an unresponsive start menu. When this happens Win+P for display switching also does not work. The start menu starts working after a reboot and only after a reboot. Obviously this gets annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bluetooth wont work until complete reboot