Windows 10: Sound not working Windows 10 on HP

Discus and support Sound not working Windows 10 on HP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound not working, Red X, on HP desk top after window update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Don Van Dyken, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Sound not working Windows 10 on HP

Sound not working, Red X, on HP desk top after window update

:)

Don Van Dyken, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Jimmyb Win User

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Sound not working Windows 10 on HP

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Sound not working Windows 10 on HP

1. Sound not working Windows 10 on HP - Similar Threads - Sound working

2. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  3. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  4. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  5. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  6. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  7. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  8. Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...: I have a Behringer UM2 sound card, which works in 24 bits at 48khz. When configuring the sound in Windows, the 24-bit options do not appear. When I work in my DAW, I can safely use 24 bits, but not in WindowsH8U5.png 499×456 imgbrr.coPS: Behringer works with Asio4All, but...
  9. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...
  10. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...