Windows 10: Sound not working with earbuds

Discus and support Sound not working with earbuds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The sound on my Windows Dell computer doesn't work when I plug in earbuds. Just yesterday, the sound was working fine. I unplugged them to use on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rose Santo-Pietro, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Sound not working with earbuds

The sound on my Windows Dell computer doesn't work when I plug in earbuds. Just yesterday, the sound was working fine. I unplugged them to use on my other device, but when I plugged them back in on my computer, the sound only came out of the speakers and not the earbuds. I checked to see if it was a problem with the earbuds but they seem to work on all my other devices. I tried multiple times to plug them in to my computer, pushing harder and turning the jack, but it still doesn't seem to work. I also tried troubleshooting, but the computer says that nothing is plugged in. This puzzled me because the jack is all the way pushed in. I wonder if this is a problem with the computer itself, and if so, what is the problem? This computer is fairly new, so I would like to have it fixed. Thank you for your time!

:)

Rose Santo-Pietro, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Gjohnst4 Win User

Recomend good earbuds for gaming on the go

Recomend a good pair of earbuds to complement my laptop's external Creative Sound card for gaming and music?
    Had some sony earbuds and stepped on them >< So! Looking for some quality sound!

Gjohnst4, Sep 2, 2020
  3. ineuw Win User
    [Solved] Max sound level is insufficient for earbuds

My thanks to you both for the explanations.
    The earbuds are wired cellphone earbuds, with the speech switch, but no volume control. It is plugged in the back because the front sound connection is still AC97.
    The case is a 12 year old Antec and it's so versatile and (heavy) that I didn't want to give it up. So far, haven't decided which of my options to start with, based on ascending cost.

1. The wiring schematic is on the web, and is very clear. I also have the electronics to check out the kit I bought.
    2. Buy a 3.5" or 5.25" panel inserts with the USB 3 and sound connections. I have both available.
    3. Contact Antec for the replacement part.
    4. Buy a new case.
    And after this is resolved, buy better quality earbuds.
    Your comments are most appreciated.

ineuw, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Sound not working with earbuds

Windows 10 sound will not work with earbuds

Anthony Randle, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Sound not working with earbuds

1. Sound not working with earbuds - Similar Threads - Sound working earbuds

2. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...
  3. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...
  4. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Earbuds are not working

Earbuds are not working: My earbuds are working perfectly fine for other devices but not for my laptop windows 11They're connected and i can even control play or pause from it but when its on play, no sound comes out....
  6. Earbuds not working

Earbuds not working: There was a problem with my wireless earbuds, so I tried uninstalling the audio driver and restarting my computer to reinstall it, but now they don't work at all. I checked, and the audio driver is in fact reinstalled. Even when they're connected to Bluetooth, the sound...
  7. Earbuds not working

Earbuds not working: There was a problem with my wireless earbuds, so I tried uninstalling the audio driver and restarting my computer to reinstall it, but now they don't work at all. Even when they're connected to Bluetooth, the sound doesn't come from in the earbuds. Is there any way to fix...
  8. Earbuds paired but no sound

Earbuds paired but no sound: Just got a new set of Soundcore Liberty Air 2 wireless earbuds i have them paired to my phone and laptop, they work perfectly on the phone but i cannot get any sound from them when connected to the laptop. any help please 175512
  9. Spatial sound doesn't work on left earbud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial sound doesn't work on left earbud: Hello, I have a problem with every headphones/earbuds that I try. With spatial sound enabled Windows Sonic, I can only hear audio that outputs to my right earbud meaning the left one outputs nothing, but only if that audio is spatial itself example: music on left side; voice...
  10. Earbuds on working

Earbuds on working: I just system resetted my computer and when i plugged in my apple earbuds in, a GUI popped up asked me for the sound settings. I clicked the "Mic In" settings and clicked "Do not show again" and now my earbuds aren't detected, what should i do?...