Windows 10: Sound not working

Discus and support Sound not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Last night I was watching a show on Netflix on my laptop (Which has Windows 10 Home) while using Apple earbuds which were plugged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianTY, Oct 12, 2018.

1. JulianTY Win User

Sound not working

Hello,

Last night I was watching a show on Netflix on my laptop (Which has Windows 10 Home) while using Apple earbuds which were plugged into the audio jack. When I finished watching my show I shut my laptop down. About an hour and a half later I turned it back on and I noticed that the sound icon had a X over it (I clicked on properties and went to events and it says at the time I turned my laptop on there was a "null" and gives me some long error message). I looked up how to fix it but none of the possible solutions I found worked. I ended up seeing in device manager that under "Other devices" it showed Intel High Definition Audio with a caution, or warning symbol, over it (The yellow triangle with the exclamation point inside of it). I tried updating it and it says there are no updates for it so then I tried uninstalling it and restarting my laptop but that didn't work either. I then went and downloaded the Intel Graphics Driver that matched the one I have in my laptop because I saw that if you use the .exe file it will replace the Intel High Definition Audio. However, every time I run the .exe file and go through all the steps/clicking Next it says installing Intel High Definition Audio in it's "console thing" and then I have it restart my laptop to finish up but when my laptop is done restarting the sound is still not working and the program just opens up again by itself making it seem like I have to do it all over again. I have wireless Beats headphones and if I connect them to my laptop using Bluetooth they will work. I also have built-in speakers in my laptop but those aren't being detected and just so you know my laptop isn't connected to anything via USB or HDMI cord.

(P.S. I tried using my Apple earbuds but they won't work, I read somewhere trying a different audio jack but I have one for a microphone so I figured I could put my earbuds in and see if they would be detected but apparently the hole for the microphone jack is a little smaller so I took it out and then later I went to use my earbuds with my iPhone and my iPhone detected I had plugged them in but no sound would go through unless I unplugged the earbuds, not sure if somehow the end of it got scratched and no longer works but the left earbud was already not working because I accidentally managed to get it in my soup I was eating lol)

Sorry for the long explanation but I hope someone can help me because it's pretty annoying.

:)

JulianTY, Oct 12, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 12, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound not working

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Sound not working

1. Sound not working - Similar Threads - Sound working

2. Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work: Good afternoon team,on my latop the sound is not working, how can I make it work again?RegardsJosé**** moved from german to english Community ****...
  3. Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work: Good afternoon team,on my latop the sound is not working, how can I make it work again?RegardsJosé**** moved from german to english Community ****...
  4. Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...: its so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-weird-my-mic-is-so-low-on-sound-it-works/67715f1a-dbae-47d3-9986-d5b66d7b2dc1
  6. this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...

this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...: its so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-weird-my-mic-is-so-low-on-sound-it-works/67715f1a-dbae-47d3-9986-d5b66d7b2dc1
  7. Windows sounds stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sounds stopped working.: Ok this may sound weird but I lost all windows default sounds on my laptop. Volume works but there's no dong noise when I adjust it. I don't get windows notification sounds anymore. I also don't get error sounds or the startup sound at all. I also don't hear the device...
  8. Windows sounds stopped working.

Windows sounds stopped working.: Ok this may sound weird but I lost all windows default sounds on my laptop. Volume works but there's no dong noise when I adjust it. I don't get windows notification sounds anymore. I also don't get error sounds or the startup sound at all. I also don't hear the device...
  9. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  10. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...