Windows 10: Sound not working

Discus and support Sound not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed windows 10 on my ssd, and now I don't have any sound volume. I turn it up, and it works, but then it turns it back down to zero. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JScallion, Feb 1, 2020.

1. JScallion Win User

Sound not working

I just installed windows 10 on my ssd, and now I don't have any sound volume. I turn it up, and it works, but then it turns it back down to zero. I've tried updating drivers, changing to generic drivers, used the audio troubleshooter, all to no avail. Please help.

:)

JScallion, Feb 1, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working :p

cadaveca, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Sound not working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Sound not working

1. Sound not working - Similar Threads - Sound working

2. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...
  3. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...
  4. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound stopped working in wired headphone on my Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stopped working in wired headphone on my Surface Pro 9: Hi,So I've been using a wired headphone on my Microsoft Surface Pro 9 to listen, the device doesn't support a 3.5mm audio jack Port but it does have a type-c port which I use an adapter to plug in my headphone, everything was find, no problem at all, I plug out the headphone...
  6. Sound stopped working in wired headphone on my Surface Pro 9

Sound stopped working in wired headphone on my Surface Pro 9: Hi,So I've been using a wired headphone on my Microsoft Surface Pro 9 to listen, the device doesn't support a 3.5mm audio jack Port but it does have a type-c port which I use an adapter to plug in my headphone, everything was find, no problem at all, I plug out the headphone...
  7. HP Laptop sound not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    HP Laptop sound not working Windows 11: [IMG]If your HP laptop sound is not working on your Windows 11, this post will help you. This problem can be frustrating because you cannot watch videos, or listen to your favorite songs on your laptop. Usually, this problem occurs due to outdated or corrupted audio drivers,...
  8. Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working: I install the drivers for sound, and along with the drivers, intel smart sound was downloaded, after which there was a hiss from my microphone, while the sound was...
  9. Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working

Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working: I install the drivers for sound, and along with the drivers, intel smart sound was downloaded, after which there was a hiss from my microphone, while the sound was...
  10. Sound stops working after every Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops working after every Windows 10 update: I have checked: update, up to date, sound device drivers, latest is installed. Using Windows 10 Enterprise on an Hp Elite Desk. Why does this keep happening?***moved from Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10***...