Windows 10: Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off

Discus and support Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to switch off system sound notification but system wont allow me see attached screenshot, sorry it is not in English - still have to install EN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jambat, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Jambat Win User

Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off

I want to switch off system sound notification but system wont allow me see attached screenshot, sorry it is not in English - still have to install EN package, but you'll recognize the field easily - System- Notifications Settings, buttons are grayed out. Adviser told me to reinstall all the updates which I did but it did nothing.

Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off 4c77bc44-b9d6-446a-afb8-61ff2a521a85?upload=true.png

Funny thing is - I also was unable to switch off "pop-up notification manager", but then I accidentally pressed something hotkey probably, and it switched off. Now I can't switch it on but I don't need that anyway : But the main plague of my PC, sound notifications, still cannot switch off.

Some info for context:

-Brand new Win 10 Pro, latest updates, no previous OS, almost no programms/apps basically a clean slate.

-I am administrator and sole owner of that PC, there is no other users or anything

-I was able to switch off MS Store notifications, after which other system notififcation buttons became grayed out, but then I somehow managed to switch off pop-ups accidentally pressed some kind of hotkey combinaton while chatting in game most likely.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jambat, Aug 3, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 3, 2020
  3. notification sound

Hi,

Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, input sound and select Sound from the results to open Sound settings

Step 2: In the Sound dialog, open Sounds and choose Notification in the program events.

Step 3: Tap the Sounds bar, select (None) in the list and click OK.

'

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-sound-n...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-notific...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off

Rotation Lock button is grayed out

I have Windows 10 Home

OS Build # is 15063.674

This is the first time it has happened.

I have followed what has been suggested, such as to change the resolution. But the 'Rotation Lock' button stays gray {unable to switch the Lock Button to the off position}. Thank you for trying to help.

BarbiClark, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off

1. Sound notifications buttons are grayed out, cant switch off - Similar Threads - Sound notifications buttons

2. Firmaware protection button grayed out and off in windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmaware protection button grayed out and off in windows security: I enabled secure launch via group policy but in windows security firmware protection is off and grayed I want to turn it on also in system information VBS based security services configured secure launch is there but not running...
  3. Firmaware protection button grayed out and off in windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmaware protection button grayed out and off in windows security: I enabled secure launch via group policy but in windows security firmware protection is off and grayed I want to turn it on also in system information VBS based security services configured secure launch is there but not running...
  4. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware protection off and button grayed out: I enabled firmware protection via Group Policy editor, but when I went to windows security the firmware protection button was off and grayed out with a message "This setting is managed by your administrator."I want the fix and turn on Firmware protection...
  5. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

Firmware protection off and button grayed out: I enabled firmware protection via Group Policy editor, but when I went to windows security the firmware protection button was off and grayed out with a message "This setting is managed by your administrator."I want the fix and turn on Firmware protection...
  6. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Firmware protection off and button grayed out

8. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  9. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  10. maximize button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...