Windows 10: Sound on Earphones Suddenly Stopped Working

Discus and support Sound on Earphones Suddenly Stopped Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My device; I have a Windows 10 PC (an Asus ROG Strix Scar II GL504M). What happened; I was listening to music on YouTube with my earphones. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Charya Sendanayake, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Sound on Earphones Suddenly Stopped Working

My device;

I have a Windows 10 PC (an Asus ROG Strix Scar II GL504M).

What happened;

I was listening to music on YouTube with my earphones. I disconnected them for a minute to listen to something on my phone and when I reconnect, I could no longer hear any sound from them whatsoever (from any app). The laptop speakers work perfectly fine as they always have.

What happens when I plug in my earphones;

The prompt appears immediately asking me what kind of audio device it is; I can choose headset, microphone or headphone but none of those options work. The microphone on the earphones work, I tested this and they work as they should - it's just the sound (I tried recording myself on the inbuilt recorder and playing it out loud without the earphones plugged in, it records from the earphone mic).

What I've tried (to no success);

Restarting the laptop.

Reinstalling the drivers and restarting.

Setting the earphones as the default device in the audio manager (this did not work because they didn't even show up there).
    Other headphones - they do not work either (and these earphones work perfectly fine on my phone).

Searching for solutions online - every online forum mentions the things I've already tried above and none of them have worked.

Any help would be amazing!

:)

Charya Sendanayake, Oct 23, 2018
  2. cazoo Win User

Earphones Don't Work

My apple earphones used to work on my Surface 4, but one day the sound suddenly stopped working. I deleted the Realtek driver and redownloaded it and that seemed to work. But when I put my earphones in, nothing will play although it keeps saying that it's working properly. I've made sure that it is set as the default device. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

cazoo, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Fourstaff Win User
    Sound Isolating Earphones

Sound Isolating earphones preferred as I already have a good pair of cans, but open to all suggestions.

Fourstaff, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Sound on Earphones Suddenly Stopped Working

Earphones not working

Recently received my Windows 7 / Samsung Focus phone. All setup and syncing music and even adding NetFlix with no problems. However, when I plug in the earphones...the sound continues to come from the phone speaker. The earphones
    do not have any sound output to them. I'm trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or if there is something that I haven't found yet related to enabling the earphones.

Any Suggestions?

Charlie Hawkins, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Sound on Earphones Suddenly Stopped Working

1. Sound on Earphones Suddenly Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Sound Earphones Suddenly

2. 7.1 Surround Sound suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    7.1 Surround Sound suddenly stopped working: The 7.1 surround sound app wont let me choose my output device after I updated other audio drivers. It’s just locked on Realtek Audio. Not sure what to do. I can only hear sound when I unplug the aux in my headphones half way....
  3. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sound just suddenly stopped working: hi my sound just stopped working randomly once i restarted my laptop. i looked on google and it said i must enable windows audio in services it was disabled and i enabled it but no sound is coming out my laptop nor my headphones i tried updating the driver. nothing is working...
  4. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my sound just suddenly stopped working: hi my sound just stopped working randomly once i restarted my laptop. i looked on google and it said i must enable windows audio in services it was disabled and i enabled it but no sound is coming out my laptop nor my headphones i tried updating the driver. nothing is working...
  5. my sound suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my sound suddenly stopped working: I was just chilling on Spotify listening to music and suddenly my music started lagging and I heard some static noises from my laptop, a few minutes later it just stopped altogether. This happened happened like 10 hours ago and I spent the whole day trying to fix it but...
  6. My laptop sound suddenly stopped working.

My laptop sound suddenly stopped working.: My laptop sound suddenly stopped working. It was working before i switched off my laptop a few hours ago and when i turned it own, there was suddenly no sound. I have tried checking the sound settings but still nothing. Please help...
  7. The sound stops working suddenly while Windows is working

The sound stops working suddenly while Windows is working: When I turn on my laptop the sound works for 5 minutes, then the sound stops suddenly, so I have to use headphones, which is uncomfortable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sound-stops-working-suddenly-while-windows-is/60c6173d-09a7-4d18-9fef-221522bdccb9
  8. Sound Stopped Working Suddenly

Sound Stopped Working Suddenly: I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Swift 3 SF314-52-55HL. Today, upon opening my laptop, my sound was not working, both through the RealTek built-in speaker and through any plugged headphones. When hovering over the sound icon, which appears with a red X, there is a message...
  9. Sound suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound suddenly stopped working: Hello team, Need your immediate assistance again. I opened my laptop this morning and noticed that the sound suddenly stopped working. It was okay when I was watching Netflix last night to midnight. I followed this YouTube video -...
  10. sound suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sound suddenly stops working: good afternoon i am experiencing sound problems on my laptop, my laptop is windows 10, after i turned on my laptop sounds still working but after 10 to 20 minutes of use the sounds suddenly stops working and does not came back until i finish using it there's an error saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound from earphones suddenly stopped working

2. apple ear phones stopped working suddenly