Windows 10: Sound on HP computer

Discus and support Sound on HP computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something happened to the sound on my computer and I can't seem to fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EveP2020, Nov 20, 2020.

1. EveP2020 Win User

Sound on HP computer

Something happened to the sound on my computer and I can't seem to fix it.

:)

EveP2020, Nov 20, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound on HP computer :p

cadaveca, Nov 20, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Jimmyb Win User

Sound on HP computer

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Sound on HP computer

1. Sound on HP computer - Similar Threads - Sound computer

2. My computer has a pending install from a 'Sound research Corporation' not from microsoft....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has a pending install from a 'Sound research Corporation' not from microsoft....: My computer has a pending install from a 'Sound research Corporation' not from microsoft. How do I delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-a-pending-install-from-a-sound/4af3a544-aaeb-46ac-abd5-c4db6e9a2477
  3. Alarm clock doesn't sound even when set and computer is awake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm clock doesn't sound even when set and computer is awake: I set alarm for meds and it works for a few days then quits since all the new fake security updates is there a way to make it a permanent alarm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-clock-doesnt-sound-even-when-set-and/2e9aa3f0-4f61-4cf9-9f12-ddcdb92cc8a5
  4. No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer.: I created a Live LinuxMint-20 USB and ran it on my Windows 10 computer. It worked except...... no sound. The Sound icon at the "system tray" shows 100%, but I got no sound playing you-tube music. Please help. P.S. I am an absolute beginner in Linux. I know nothing. I was...
  5. Voice recorder app is capturing my computers sound too

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice recorder app is capturing my computers sound too: Hi there, When I recorded my voice via headphone mic, it was just not only recording my voice but sound of youtube playing in background. Voice recorder should record only my voice via microphone. Stereo mix option is also disabled too....
  6. I have no sound at all not from speakers or the built in computer speaker. This is on...

I have no sound at all not from speakers or the built in computer speaker. This is on...: I don't get any sound after updated updates as recommended and have tried all the sound troubleshoots there's no identifying problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-at-all-not-from-speakers-or-the/816be305-dd5a-4330-904c-f1f8e1006995
  7. My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input.

My computer keeps recording desktop sounds and taking them as microphone input.: Like the subject says, whenever I go on Discord calls, my computer takes the sound straight from my computer and takes it as sounds from my microphone and sends it to the call. I need help turning it off....
  8. My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone

My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone: My computer seems to be picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone when I am on a video or voice call, resulting in the other people being able to hear their own voices as well as any sounds coming from my computer, such as notifications or music....
  9. Hi, I have a problem with my computer freezing and making this DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR sound

Hi, I have a problem with my computer freezing and making this DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR sound: It's happening quite frequently these days. I have the system and application events saved from event viewer. I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-problem-with-my-computer-freezing-and/6ae3ad5f-f12c-4a37-b29b-6b88b4140a37
  10. Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004.: Hello, I've recently bought a new m.2 ssd and decided that it would be a good time to upgrade Windows from version 1903 to 2004. I did a fresh install from iso file downloaded through Windows Media Creation, installed all the drivers and programs and then the problem started...