Windows 10: Sound on my laptop stopped working

Discus and support Sound on my laptop stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I fell asleep last night with my laptop turned on. When I woke up this morning, I found that the sound was not working. I don't know if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Debra in Texas, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Sound on my laptop stopped working

I fell asleep last night with my laptop turned on. When I woke up this morning, I found that the sound was not working. I don't know if I accidentally changed something to cause this problem. How do I try to get the sound on?

:)

Debra in Texas, Feb 22, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound on my laptop stopped working :p

cadaveca, Feb 22, 2020
  3. JoeHawk10 Win User
    Sound stopped working

I have a Dell laptop that is about three years old. The sound stopped working when I turned my laptop back on a few days ago. No sound from the speakers or headphones. Everything looks fine in the settings. ANVsoft virtual sound device working properly.
    Driver is up to date. I tested the speakers in the setting and sound come from the speakers but nothing plays sound from my computer or internet. When I put my headphones on and wiggle the headphone jack around I can hear static in the headphones. I cant
    find nothing wrong. Anyone have any suggestions. I updated to windows 10 about a month ago.

JoeHawk10, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Sound on my laptop stopped working

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Sound on my laptop stopped working

1. Sound on my laptop stopped working - Similar Threads - Sound laptop stopped

2. all sound on laptop stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all sound on laptop stops working.: so let me clarify how this happens, say I close the discord app, there is a chance for all audio to be cut off, close Microsoft edge and it happens again, and it isn't even if I close a window/app if I backtrack, there is a chance for all audio to be shut off, it is really...
  3. all sound on laptop stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all sound on laptop stops working.: so let me clarify how this happens, say I close the discord app, there is a chance for all audio to be cut off, close Microsoft edge and it happens again, and it isn't even if I close a window/app if I backtrack, there is a chance for all audio to be shut off, it is really...
  4. my sound suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my sound suddenly stopped working: I was just chilling on Spotify listening to music and suddenly my music started lagging and I heard some static noises from my laptop, a few minutes later it just stopped altogether. This happened happened like 10 hours ago and I spent the whole day trying to fix it but...
  5. My laptop sound suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop sound suddenly stopped working.: My laptop sound suddenly stopped working. It was working before i switched off my laptop a few hours ago and when i turned it own, there was suddenly no sound. I have tried checking the sound settings but still nothing. Please help...
  6. Sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stopped working.: I haven't changed anything to the inputs or whatever. The only change is that an 'asus sound' thing asked me if my speakers were in-line or something else. I just clicked ok and now my speaker sound is gone. it's connected through the little green plug in the back. My headset...
  7. my sound stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my sound stopped working: first of all, yes my audio drivers are up to date. my audio randomly stopped working and I've tried just about everything. I have my headphones plugged in and I dont get any audio. [ATTACH] this is what shows up in the bottom right where my audio button is. when i click on...
  8. My Sound has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Sound has stopped working: The computer is not recognizing the speakers no warning signs in device manager troubleshooter unable to fix the issue Windows audio service is not working with no option to restart it I deleted my audio driver and rebooted the computer - nothing works Asus Model...
  9. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/a30bb891-8c71-42d3-8a0f-daa29fea1a43
  10. sound on my laptop not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound on my laptop not working: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 OS. I cannot hear sounds from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-on-my-laptop-not-working/ca725714-32a7-4341-82d2-76f979b4d0ea