Windows 10: Sound on/off - disable sign with volume bar

Discus and support Sound on/off - disable sign with volume bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! If I press the mute button on my keyboard there is a sign showing up in the top left corner showing a volume bar. It shows "x" when it's muted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wilmon91, Jul 13, 2019.

1. wilmon91 Win User

Sound on/off - disable sign with volume bar

Hi!

If I press the mute button on my keyboard there is a sign showing up in the top left corner showing a volume bar. It shows "x" when it's muted, and it shows a number (volume level) when un muted. There is also a rectangle to the right of it showing pause/play and previous/next icons. This shows for 5 seconds or so. There is also a sign in bottom right corner showing volume and "mute" if muting, and it shows for 2 seconds.

How do I disable these signs??

It doesn't seem related to "notifications", I turned off notifications for "sound" and "settings", but that gave no effect.

There's no info on the web about this.

:)

wilmon91, Jul 13, 2019

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Sound on/off - disable sign with volume bar

Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Sound on/off - disable sign with volume bar

1. Sound on/off - disable sign with volume bar - Similar Threads - Sound off disable

2. How to disable volume mixer only system sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable volume mixer only system sound?: real frustrating when you need to adjust the volume of every app It will be a big help, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-volume-mixer-only-system-sound/eacfcd1e-70c4-4023-9733-1ae09c856eab
  3. How to disable volume mixer only system sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable volume mixer only system sound?: real frustrating when you need to adjust the volume of every app It will be a big help, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-volume-mixer-only-system-sound/eacfcd1e-70c4-4023-9733-1ae09c856eab
  4. Sound volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound volume: I have an HP Windows 11 laptop that was recently upgraded from Windows 10. Fully updated to 2H2 64bit. Every couple of seconds the volume bar pops up in the bottom middle of the screen and shows sound increasing/decreasing as well as mute on and off continuously. See...
  5. Sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound volume: Why does the sound volume get changed to 67% when I install updates for Windows 10? This level is deafening!I keep setting the level to 30%, but after installing Windows 10 updates, it gets changed back to 67%...
  6. Volume Bar

Volume Bar: Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked a lot, but how do you hide this monster of a volume bar/add/info that pops up every time you adjust the volume, I have figured out how to do it in Chrome but not in Edge. There should be an option to adjust this to below the 5...
  7. Sound Volume

Sound Volume: Since the last update on my surface pro, my surface sound volume will not go above about 30% maximum volume when using the docking station connected via serial port and speaker. The results are also the same on the unit if and if I plug in the head phone jack. I have...
  8. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  9. Sign-On/Off sounds do not work.

Sign-On/Off sounds do not work.: I have edited the registry so that they show up in the sound schemes now and they have their own files that play when you click play but it doesn't play the sounds. Nor does it play the startup or shutdown sound. I heard you need to disable fast boot. Well I went to where...
  10. Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons: How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry? [img] 20857