Windows 10: sound on youtube videos

Discus and support sound on youtube videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gra Pilot, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Gra Pilot Win User

sound on youtube videos

I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos

:)

Gra Pilot, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Joythar K Win User

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

This issue may arise when your Graphics card is not updated or compatible.

Therefore, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Update Graphics Card.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver Tab and click on Update.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Method 2: Enable Software Rendering.

Please click on the link below and enable Use of Software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering mode.

How to enable or disable software rendering in Internet Explorer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528233

(Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the article.)

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube videos?

2. Is the issue specific to Internet Explorer or Edge?

3. Do you remember making any changes to the settings?

If you are using internet explorer to view youtube videos, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below.

Use Compatibility View in Internet Explorer

Follow the instructions provided in the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10

Also refer to the article given below.

Videos won't play or webpages won't display correctly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-10

Hope the information provided was helpful. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post. We will be glad to assist.

Joythar K, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Youtube / Chrome / Windows 10 sound issue

There is a strange issue with sound playback from Youtube videos in Chrome on Windows 10:

For some Youtube videos, it fails to play the sound, and the following oddities can be observed:

• Sound from other Youtube videos, and other websites, is played normally.
    • Chrome has the little playback icon in the Youtube tab.
    • In the Windows Sound Mixer, the "Chrome" and "System" bars show the current volume level, but nothing comes out of the speakers.
    • Microsoft Edge plays the Youtube videos in question normally.

Two videos without audible sound in Chrome are and . What I'm not sure about is whether the sound of these particular videos always fails on Chrome. I've just rebooted though, and the sound still fails.

Because the Windows Sound Mixer actually displays the volume level but nothing comes out, and because Edge plays the sound flawlessly, I suppose this is not purely a problem with the videos themselves, but that Chrome and/or Windows 10 are involved.

Does anyone have an idea how to address this issue?

Felix Dombek, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

sound on youtube videos

Blurry video on YouTube TV - Roku

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Generally, the video frame buffer is separate from the UI graphics framebuffer, so the video shouldn’t be doing any unnecessary scaling before the final image is output. This is a known issue with the YouTube TV app on Roku.

However, you can overcome this behavior by doing the steps listed below:

• Play a video and while the video is playing press
      Home
      on the remote.
    • Launch YouTube again, it will stop loading and go back to the home screen.
    • Launch YouTube again, the video should play with better clarity now.

If the issue persists, you may get in touch with the Roku Support.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

sound on youtube videos

1. sound on youtube videos - Similar Threads - sound youtube videos

2. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  3. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  4. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  5. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  6. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  8. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web: My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc, windows media player; none of them works. I reinstalled the audio drivers. I would appreciate any other suggestion and help!...
  9. Poping sound when watching youtube videos

Poping sound when watching youtube videos: Hi guys, I have a annoying problem and I just cant find a way to resolve it. When I am watching youtube videos on Google Chrome when the video starts, when I pause the video, fast forward it, switch to another video I hear a poping sound from my laptop speakers, it will...
  10. Sound in Youtube videos gets distorted occasionally

in Browsers and Email
    Sound in Youtube videos gets distorted occasionally: About two month's ago i've started getting a weird issue where during Youtube playback sound would get permanently distorted/stuck on a loop at random intervals until i refresh the page or skip to another point. It might not happen at all while i watch videos for hours or it...