Windows 10: Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

Discus and support Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having the issue of sound only coming through the right ear unless the jack stick is plugged half-way in. When its plugged half way in the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RødTomat, Oct 16, 2018.

1. RødTomat Win User

Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

I am having the issue of sound only coming through the right ear unless the jack stick is plugged half-way in.

When its plugged half way in the sound is louder in the left ear than the right.

I recently updated windows 10 and prior to that there was no sound issue. I have tried rolling back the update resulting in the sound working fine.

I cannot keep rolling back updates in order to keep sound from functioning so i hope to fix this somehow.

I have attempted to reset my windows to see if it fixed the problem.

I have attempted to uninstall the device from the device manager and then reinstalling it with a) microsoft default driver and also b) the driver for the motherboard soundcard (realtek).

I have tried to use the windows sound troubeshooter.

I have also tried to use two different external USB soundcards.

None of the above solutions seems to have worked.

:)

RødTomat, Oct 16, 2018

2. cant adjust sound using sound icon bottom right of screen. this happened right after updating to windows 10

Hi Char,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility
    mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

Sound coming from both the laptop and headset in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

1. Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Sound coming right

2. Sound goes missing from right ear on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound goes missing from right ear on startup: I have hyperX cloud stinger s -headphones that use a usb-a adapter. It works fine when i plug them in but after restart or startup, the audio is only on the left side. I tried testing the audio in the sound settings menu and it played the sound in 7.1 way. But when using...
  3. Sound goes missing from right ear on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound goes missing from right ear on startup: I have hyperX cloud stinger s -headphones that use a usb-a adapter. It works fine when i plug them in but after restart or startup, the audio is only on the left side. I tried testing the audio in the sound settings menu and it played the sound in 7.1 way. But when using...
  4. Why does sound only coming from one side in my headphones from right side is coming sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does sound only coming from one side in my headphones from right side is coming sound: Hi, so I've got a problem with headphones. When I was playing games everything was fine, even I was listening to music with headphones and everything was fine. When I went outside I came about 2 hours later home and I tried listening to music but I could listen from one side...
  5. Microphone audio only coming out of left ear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone audio only coming out of left ear: Hey, I'm having this problem where when I record microphone audio and/or go to my microphone properties and check "Listen to this device," the audio only comes out of the left ear. I saw a supposed solution was to go into the microphone properties > advanced > setting the...
  6. sound in one ear only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound in one ear only: since switching to microsoft edge I can only hear out one side of my headphones and its not the mono setting or speaker balance or the headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-in-one-ear-only/e3848f78-3694-4aa9-a6f9-25cfab7017ec
  7. Sound only playing in left ear

Sound only playing in left ear: I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable....
  8. Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10

Headphones sound is coming from opposite ear windows 10: my headphones which are the Plantronics rig 300hx, the sound is coming from the opposite ear, for example if im playing fortnite and I open a door on the right, the sound comes from the left headset ear. my temporary solution is to wear them backwards, wondering if there was...
  9. No sound coming from my laptop after an update.

No sound coming from my laptop after an update.: I was watching a movie when my laptop restarted for an update. After that, I could hear no sound either from the inbuilt speakers or using headphones. My laptop uses Realtek sound drivers as the default. I have tried reinstalling, updating, rolling back the drivers. But I can...
  10. Losing sound on right ear

Losing sound on right ear: Hello guys! I'm using ASUS F555U that I bought around 15 months ago and it's running Windows 10. Recently I've encountered a problem where I'm losing sound on my right headphone. As of lately I haven't installed any new software or changed settings in any way. What happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc audio right ear

2. sound only on the right ear

3. only sound on the right ear ?

4. windows 10 only right ear sound,
  5. audio only in right ear,
  6. windows 10 audio only right ear