Windows 10: sound only from Dell computer speaker

Discus and support sound only from Dell computer speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sound only from Dell computer speaker recently installed second displayport cable to no avail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Bee 0615, Jan 13, 2021.

1. sound only from Dell computer speaker

sound only from Dell computer speaker

recently installed second displayport cable to no avail

:)

John Bee 0615, Jan 13, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 13, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound only from Dell computer speaker :p

cadaveca, Jan 13, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

cant get any sound on computer or speakers

Thank you for getting back to us. Since you have mentioned that the computer was moved to a different room, we would like to verify if the connections of your computer peripherals (speakers) are connected to the correct ports. If you are using speakers connected
    to a USB port, we suggest that you try to plug it in a different USB port.

If the issue persists, you may also try these steps:

• Type Device Manager on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, select your sound card.
    • Open it, select the Driver tab.
    • Select Update Driver.

Note: If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow the instructions.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. sound only from Dell computer speaker - Similar Threads - sound Dell computer

2. no sound on computer only phone speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound on computer only phone speakers: ive set up link your windows successful yet whenever playing music movies or phone call all sound still comes through my phone Galaxy S21 5G. I would like to know how I would get sound from the phone to computer...
  3. no sound on computer only phone speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound on computer only phone speakers: ive set up link your windows successful yet whenever playing music movies or phone call all sound still comes through my phone Galaxy S21 5G. I would like to know how I would get sound from the phone to computer...
  4. No sound from the computer speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from the computer speakers.: Build 22621.1 ni_releaseAll was going well until I noticed that there was no sound from the computer speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-the-computer-speakers/3b2bc4cf-a7d4-46ec-bd31-89f37d3ccd4c
  5. No sound from the computer speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from the computer speakers.: Build 22621.1 ni_releaseAll was going well until I noticed that there was no sound from the computer speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-the-computer-speakers/3b2bc4cf-a7d4-46ec-bd31-89f37d3ccd4c
  6. No Sound from Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound from Speakers: Realteck Sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speakers/720ccda7-6688-414c-9f91-8b2817678d2d
  7. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  8. no sound from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound from speaker: today i put new motherboard. new processor , new window10 pro from microsoft. but no sound from speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speaker/8abd7dd7-e612-4081-ab79-a9e37a6ca32a
  9. No sound from speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from speakers: After the last Win 10 update on March 31, I no longer have any sound from my speakers. Tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card/driver. No success. Suggestions?...
  10. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.: I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use...