Windows 10: Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running

Discus and support Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This seemed to happen after the last may update. Audio is choppy and cuts out often. I thought it was a cable issue but that didn't change anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanBraughton, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running

This seemed to happen after the last may update. Audio is choppy and cuts out often. I thought it was a cable issue but that didn't change anything. After a bunch of troubleshooting I noticed it ran fine while the troubleshooter runs, but the troubleshooter takes hours and never completes, it simply closes. Once it closes the sound goes back to not working properly. If I start the troubleshooter back up, it works.

I've updated drivers to the latest, and also tried microsoft drivers. I've rolled back to before the update and the issue persists. The troubleshooter is non-responsive when it's running.

This is quite a bizarre problem. Any ideas?

:)

SeanBraughton, Jul 23, 2020

2. Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running

This seemed to happen after the last may update. Audio is choppy and cuts out often. I thought it was a cable issue but that didn't change anything. After a bunch of troubleshooting I noticed it ran fine while the troubleshooter runs, but the troubleshooter
    takes hours and never completes, it simply closes. Once it closes the sound goes back to not working properly. If I start the troubleshooter back up, it works.

I've updated drivers to the latest, and also tried microsoft drivers. I've rolled back to before the update and the issue persists. The troubleshooter is non-responsive when it's running.

This is quite a bizarre problem. Any ideas?

SeanBraughton, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Combo-jack for audio and sound doesn't work

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by incorrect audio settings or outdated audio driver.

Please check the link on How to Fix sound problems. We also suggest that you run Speech troubleshooter by following
    these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Run Speech troubleshooter.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running

1. Sound only works when the audio troubleshooter is running - Similar Threads - Sound works audio

2. Headphones audio only works while audio troubleshooter is running? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones audio only works while audio troubleshooter is running? Windows 11: I would be very grateful if someone could help solve this annoying problem! I am using Samsung Galaxy Buds wireless headphones and a laptop running Windows 11. The laptop is 2 months old, headphones worked fine with the laptop at first and then stopped, and the headphones...
  3. Headphones audio only works while audio troubleshooter is running? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones audio only works while audio troubleshooter is running? Windows 11: I would be very grateful if someone could help solve this annoying problem! I am using Samsung Galaxy Buds wireless headphones and a laptop running Windows 11. The laptop is 2 months old, headphones worked fine with the laptop at first and then stopped, and the headphones...
  4. Sound troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound troubleshooter not working: Recently I have been having issues with my headphones on my laptop. When I plug in the headphones, all I hear is a faint static. I've tried unplugging and replugging in the headset, turning up the volume, checking to see if the headset was disabled, and checking to see...
  5. Sound troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound troubleshooter not working: Recently I have been having issues with my headphones on my laptop. When I plug in the headphones, all I hear is a faint static. I've tried unplugging and replugging in the headset, turning up the volume, checking to see if the headset was disabled, and checking to see...
  6. Sound troubleshooter not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No sound at startup, but works after running Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound at startup, but works after running Troubleshoot: Every time I reboot my computer, the sound fails to start. I run "Troubleshoot," the three tones occur, and the sound works normally after that. I've tried the suggestions provided here:...
  8. audio and troubleshooter not working

audio and troubleshooter not working: Audio service is not running and when I try to Troubleshoot I get error code: 0xC0000409 I've tried updating but all updates are stuck on 'Currently pending download' even during active hours. I tried running service.msc but get the message 'side by side configuration is...
  9. windows 10 sound only works during troubleshooting

windows 10 sound only works during troubleshooting: So yesterday everything was working fine on my pc, but when I booted up today, my speakers weren't producing any sound. No apps produce any sound, and even windows itself can't (when I tried to adjust the loudness of my speakers, I don't hear the ping I would normally...
  10. No Sound On Computer, Troubleshooter Not Working, Restarting Windows Audio also not Working

No Sound On Computer, Troubleshooter Not Working, Restarting Windows Audio also not Working: Hello all, I recently booted up my PC, and noticed that I had no audio. I tried to run the Troubleshooter, to which it states, "Problems found, one or more audio service isn't running. Not Fixed." After receiving this message and looking around online, I found myself in...