Windows 10: Sound out of sync while playing videos after motherboard upgrade

Discus and support Sound out of sync while playing videos after motherboard upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I upgraded by motherboard and CPU (and RAM), the old one being an ASRock Z68 Pro3, the new one being an ASUS Prime Z390-P. Everything went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Warp Roxxorz, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Sound out of sync while playing videos after motherboard upgrade

Recently I upgraded by motherboard and CPU (and RAM), the old one being an ASRock Z68 Pro3, the new one being an ASUS Prime Z390-P.

Everything went surprisingly well and without any problems... except for one thing. I had been using this PC with the old motherboard for almost 10 years without any sort of video/audio problem, but after the upgrade I quite quickly noticed a very annoying problem: In pretty much all video players (including those that run on the web browser, such as the YouTube player and the Twitch player), the video/audio sync would slowly drift, until they are completely out of sync. When playing some video eg. with Media Player Classic, I measured them getting out of sync by approximately 1 second in 5 minutes of playing the video. However, this seems to depend on what's being played, and with what (for example with YouTube it's extremely inconsistent, with some videos not getting out of sync almost at all, while others get out of sync very quickly).

Curiously, and very strangely, shutting down the PC, which makes Windows go to hibernation, and then starting it up again (which makes Windows restore itself from hibernation) fixes the problem... mostly. In the vast majority of situations the drift is gone, and all video and audio do not drift apart anymore... except that there's still a barely noticeable but annoying difference in sync between them. With Media Player Classic I have measured, at least with some videos, it's about 70 ms. If I put an audio delay of that amount in MPC, then the video and the audio sync perfectly. By default, however, there's that barely-noticeable but still annoying delay. With eg. YouTube videos there's no recourse, as it has no audio/video delay option.

As mentioned, I had used this PC for almost 10 years before the motherboard upgrade, and never had any such problems. They started immediately with the upgrade.

I have tried completely uninstalling both video and audio drivers, and reinstalling them from scratch. It made absolutely no difference.

I'm wondering what the approach here should be. I'm wondering if resetting Windows from the system settings could perhaps fix this.

I must confess I'm not extremely eager to do that. I do understand that resetting Windows will keep all my data, but if I understand correctly, it will uninstall all third-party software, meaning that I will need to re-install everything from scratch, which will be quite an amount of work. And whether it will actually fix the problem is not guaranteed. (If I knew with 100% certainty that it would fix the problem, I would do it in a heartbeat, right at this very second. However, I dread doing so only to find out that it has done absolutely nothing to the problem, and now I have to reinstall every program, while still having the annoying audio sync problem, so the whole process was a completely useless waste of time.)

***Original Title: Upgraded motherboard, now sound gets out of sync***

:)

Warp Roxxorz, Jun 17, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 17, 2019
  3. GFinKS Win User
    Not all Videos Play on Facebook

Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only.

GFinKS, Jun 17, 2019
  4. JBC1001 Win User

Sound out of sync while playing videos after motherboard upgrade

Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard.
    (I also have an nVidia graphics card which my computer keeps suggesting could play sound, but I do not have the cable to connect the card to speakers.)

I'm trying to troubleshoot with the motherboard sound, though. The sound works with many programs, including some videos - sometimes it will even be intermittent on videos, stopping or starting after a certain point. The main thing I've found in my troubleshooting
    is that when I test the sound, when there are supposed to be six notes played three times, the only one I hear is the first time. Also, inspecting web elements suggest it may also have something to do, when dealing with browsers, with HTML5.

I've downloaded codecs, checked I have the latest drivers numerous times, turned off special audio settings and done the best I could at trying to narrow down the problem making sure nothing is muted and. Would anyone being able to help me further?

Thanks in advance.

JBC1001, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Sound out of sync while playing videos after motherboard upgrade

1. Sound out of sync while playing videos after motherboard upgrade - Similar Threads - Sound sync while

2. Video pauses for one second then the sound goes out of sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video pauses for one second then the sound goes out of sync: The video pauses for like 1 second at the start and then the video goes out of sync and and it even does that after pausing it for like 10 min's did everything turned on the option in the device manager where it would the Bluetooth device won't turn off, modified the registry...
  3. syncing of sound to video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing of sound to video: my videos either on facebook or itunes does not sync with the sound and lips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-of-sound-to-video/ca240be9-c548-4836-8857-f871f08d3bfe
  4. Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video: Recently I've notcied the sound going out of sync on Netflix. Happens after 5 or 10 minutes, and is easily resolved by simply pausing for a second and restarting. I've tried Netflix on two browsers and the same problem arises. I've also tried watching a private video on VLC...
  5. Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video: Recently I've notcied the sound going out of sync on Netflix. Happens after 5 or 10 minutes, and is easily resolved by simply pausing for a second and restarting. I've tried Netflix on two browsers and the same problem arises. I've also tried watching a private video on VLC...
  6. Sound Is Out of Sync With Videos

Sound Is Out of Sync With Videos: I just bought the Audioengine 5+ and Audioengine S8 speaker system about a month ago. The sound was awesome until after the Windows 10 ver. 2004 Update. I started experiencing sound going out of sync with video after the update. I updated the Realtek driver, but the sound...
  7. Audio is out of sync when playing videos

Audio is out of sync when playing videos: When I watch videos on YouTube, the audio gets out of sync. This is happening just from YouTube videos. I have tried pretty much everything that I know of to try to correct it. I cleared the cache. I ran the audio troubleshooter. Checked for any Windows Updates. Checked sound...
  8. Upgraded motherboard, now sound gets out of sync

Upgraded motherboard, now sound gets out of sync: Recently I upgraded by motherboard and CPU (and RAM), the old one being an ASRock Z68 Pro3, the new one being an ASUS Prime Z390-P. Everything went surprisingly well and without any problems... except for one thing. I had been using this PC with the old motherboard for...
  9. Sound out of sync for consecutive videos in movie maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound out of sync for consecutive videos in movie maker: I am creating a video using several videos and pictures. The sound of the videos is not properly working as it start with 5 sec. delay when I create the unified video. It works properly if I look only to on video....
  10. Sound and volume out of sync after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound and volume out of sync after update: After the last update my volume has been out of whack to say the least, starts extremely loud then to a hush. With youtube and any video game I play. I've not seen anyone else with this issue YET. Is anyone else experiencing this and did you remedy it? I'm really annoyed....