Windows 10: Sound output from 2 devices.

Discus and support Sound output from 2 devices. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering is there a way to output sound from 2 devices at the same time (my TV connected by HDMI and my speakers connected by aux) to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theubusu, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Sound output from 2 devices.

Hi, I was wondering is there a way to output sound from 2 devices at the same time (my TV connected by HDMI and my speakers connected by aux) to get better sound. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/theubusu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theubusu, Mar 10, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 10, 2020
  3. ShogoXT Win User
    Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Sound output from 2 devices.

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Sound output from 2 devices.

1. Sound output from 2 devices. - Similar Threads - Sound output devices

2. How to have 2 different sound output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have 2 different sound output devices: Alright, so I have 2 screens, and what I want to do is have Windows split the sound of the two screens to two different headsets,for example: Screen-A will send its sound to Headset-A and Screen-B will send its sound to Headset-B.If that's possible and someone might know how...
  3. How to have 2 different sound output devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have 2 different sound output devices: Alright, so I have 2 screens, and what I want to do is have Windows split the sound of the two screens to two different headsets,for example: Screen-A will send its sound to Headset-A and Screen-B will send its sound to Headset-B.If that's possible and someone might know how...
  4. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  5. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  6. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs: I Am on Windows 10 64 bit 21H2, build 19044.1706. I have installed sound drivers from my manufacturer's sound card. It was working fine weeks, but all of the sudden I started having issues:I have 2 audio sources, speakers in the back and headphones connected to front panel....
  7. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs: I Am on Windows 10 64 bit 21H2, build 19044.1706. I have installed sound drivers from my manufacturer's sound card. It was working fine weeks, but all of the sudden I started having issues:I have 2 audio sources, speakers in the back and headphones connected to front panel....
  8. Sound coming out of wrong device/not playing 2 sound outputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Sound output device disappering

Sound output device disappering: Hi, ever since I updated to Windows 11, my monitor keep disappearing from the audio output device list my primary speakers are connected to this monitor, which is connected to my PC via display port on my graphics card.This happens almost always when I switch from the...
  10. No Sound No Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...