Windows 10: sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.

Discus and support sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried everything imaginable. Meter shows sound but, no sound. It states speakers are not plugged in but, they are. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by toddman26, Nov 28, 2018.

1. toddman26 Win User

sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.

Hello,

I have tried everything imaginable. Meter shows sound but, no sound. It states speakers are not plugged in but, they are. I have tried various speakers as well. Please help. I use windows 10. Nforce 680i sli evga.

:)

toddman26, Nov 28, 2018

2. No sound

I have carried out the steps listed in the above and have had limited success.

The external speakers are connected to a Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi sound card (circa 2008).

I have uninstalled / reinstalled the drivers for this card, and though the card registers the sound output through various tools and applications, the sound fails to come out on the speakers themselves. When i use the onboard sound output for the speakers
    i do get sound, albeit obviously worse quality.

is there a compatability issue with this creative labs sound card?

Darwin Jay, Nov 28, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 28, 2018
  4. sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.

Media PC lost all sound suddenly

Hope someone can help with this: have a media PC outputting to a TV through HDMI, both sound and picture. Worked fine up until yesterday, was ok in afternoon, turned on in evening and no sound, picture is fine still. Don't know if anything was updated when it turned on as it wasn't me that booted it up.

In the Playback tab of the Sound panel I have the TV listed, going through AMD High Definition Audio, which is the built in graphics chip. There is no activity in the output bar shown there on the right when things are playing. If I try and do any Test of sounds it instantly says Failed to Play Test Tone. Same happens if I try a Test on the Realtek Digital Output which is the onboard sound, but then nothing is plugged in to that so I don't know if that's as it should be.

Device manager says everything working ok. Any suggestions?

EDIT: if I try the Windows troubleshooter it says "Plug in the Speaker, Headset or Headphone. The Device does not appear to be plugged in."

harrymanback, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in.

1. sound output from onboard sound does not recognize speakers are plugged in. - Similar Threads - sound output onboard

2. MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY SPEAKERS HAV NO SOUND OUTPUT: MY SPEAKERS HAVE NO SOUND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speakers-hav-no-sound-output/cbf9de7e-aacf-4251-9648-b1023e8f3c66
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  5. Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - tg01-0199 DT Rfrbd PC. I have run troubleshooting and driver is present. The computer recognizes the headphones and when you right-click - test, the bar shows sound playing. But no sound comes out of the headphones. The same thing...
  6. Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In

Can't get Sound to Output Through PC Speakers with Microphone Plugged In: When I use the microphone built into my laptop I echo on Teams calls so I use a Rode shotgun mic I had laying around. The issue is my laptop has a combo port and when I plug in the microphone the computer is trying to output sound through the microphone and I can't use the...
  7. No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in

No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in: My headset is plugged in to my front ports of my desktop computer. When i plug in the speakers in the back it registers that its plugged in but no matter what settings i have there is no sound. i have tried restarting, updating, activating and reactivating nothing works. BUT...
  8. Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers

Mic plugged in, no sound from speakers: My laptop has a port for a mic/headphone combination. When I plug in the mic, sound does not come from the speakers of my laptop. I can't find a way to prioritize the speakers over the headphones, since they are combined in the audio settings. Is there another way to do this...
  9. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  10. no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone: my laptop suddenly does not have sound on speaker, only while i plugged in my headphone. I have tried every thing that discussed on the internet such as reinstall, disable the driver....