Windows 10: Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11

Discus and support Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why would you remove a highly utilized shortcut? That literally makes zero sense as you have now made it a longer process to execute a simple action.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hulk N Back, May 20, 2022.

1. Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11

Why would you remove a highly utilized shortcut? That literally makes zero sense as you have now made it a longer process to execute a simple action. Please re-add this back to Windows 11! I just started to review this product/newer version so I assume I will have more feedback.

:)

Hulk N Back, May 20, 2022

2. Windows 10 move .bat shortcut to task bar

I want to be able to launch a .bat file I've written from the task bar.

I've successfully created the shortcut and have located it in Explorer. However, Windows doesn't do anything when I drag the shortcut to the task bar, and it doesn't display "task bar" as a destination in the "Send To" menu.

Is this a new restriction, or is it possible to have a bat launcher on the task bar?

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a .bat file on the desktop (contents don't matter).
    • Create a shortcut to that .bat file.
    • Try to drag the shortcut to the task bar from Explorer.
    • Right-click the shortcut and look in vain for some way of making it launchable from the task bar.
    • GIVE UP

user234461, May 20, 2022
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 20, 2022
  4. Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11

File Explorer Task Bar icon not working Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and all was fine. Two days later I attempted to uninstall an non-compatible program. This hung and was a major failure, leaving me with a semi-functioning Windows 10. I did a system restore to prior to the removal of
    TuneUp Utilities 2011. Now everything seems fine except the File Explorer shortcut in the Task Bar. I can right click on it and get a list of folders and locations, but not properties to change the target. If I right click on it I get the attached message.
    I have tried removing the shortcut and then manually creating a shortcut, first for Explorer.exe, then for File Explorer. Both will work on the desktop, but not if moved to the Task Bar. I would like to have my Task bar icon functional so any suggestions
    would be appreciated.

Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11 3c4b50bc-32b4-484d-9ef2-af3fefa02613.jpg

MonikaBehr, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11

1. Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Sound output task

2. The sound bar is not on.... "No output device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sound bar is not on.... "No output device": I tried everything that has to do with updating sound drivers and uninstalling and installing them as well..I was thinking if I do a Windows reset would that might do the job?...
  3. The sound bar is not on.... "No output device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound bar is not on.... "No output device": I tried everything that has to do with updating sound drivers and uninstalling and installing them as well..I was thinking if I do a Windows reset would that might do the job?...
  4. Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output task bar shortcut removed on Windows 11: Why would you remove a highly utilized shortcut? That literally makes zero sense as you have now made it a longer process to execute a simple action. Please re-add this back to Windows 11! I just started to review this product/newer version so I assume I will have more...
  5. Windows 11 Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar: Are there any plans to be able to move the task bar to other positions other than at the bottom of the screen? It's really irritating to have it at the bottom where it interferes with most web pages. I much prefer to have it on the side out of the way....
  6. Windows 11 task bar

Windows 11 task bar: I can't use any apps on my task bar can't use search can't open calender or internet nothing on the taskbar works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-task-bar/ae4ad9d5-ee76-45e4-b8b1-d8c6de70fbe0
  7. Windows 11 task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 task bar: Why would Microsoft take the ability to move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to either side or the top away and make you have to use the registry editor to do this action that was a two-step point and click in Windows 10. We are not all geeks and may finally...
  8. Windows 11 task bar

Windows 11 task bar: Why would Microsoft take the ability to move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to either side or the top away and make you have to use the registry editor to do this action that was a two-step point and click in Windows 10. We are not all geeks and may finally...
  9. task bar in Windows 11?

task bar in Windows 11?: Why can't I change the position of the task bar in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-in-windows-11/af77ac61-b426-4a6e-b255-21dd77630d35
  10. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1