Windows 10: Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone

Discus and support Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Community, I want to record / screencast with a 3.5 jack microphone. This is working. But when I plug the microphone in, I am not able to hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gerald_Bass, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone

Hello Community,

I want to record / screencast with a 3.5 jack microphone. This is working. But when I plug the microphone in, I am not able to hear my desktop sounds over the loudspeakers. I guess the computer "thinks" I have headphones. How can I use the loudspeakers of my laptop while having the mic plugged in the 3.5 jack?

THANKS!

:)

Gerald_Bass, Apr 2, 2020

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 2, 2020
  3. no sound on output jack

I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10.

Thanks.

the beagle, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Butters Win User

Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone

Microphone not working with combo audio jack

My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone input is absolutely ignored.

I am 100% positive this is an audio/microphone splitter (and not just an audio splitter) as it has 3 rings on the end of it (indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone), and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon on it. Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel, and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either.

I've already spent money on this new headset, so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working, and I really, really don't want to spend any more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Butters, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone

1. Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone - Similar Threads - Sound output loudspeakers

2. No sound from loudspeakers when external microphone is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from loudspeakers when external microphone is plugged in: I can't separate the sound in-/output in the jack socket on my computer with Windows 10. Even though I choose different in- and output in the sound settings, I still get no sound from the loudspeakers when the external microphone is plugged into the jack socket. On my former...
  3. No sound from loudspeakers when external microphone is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from loudspeakers when external microphone is plugged in: I can't separate the sound in-/output in the jack socket on my computer with Windows 10. Even though I choose different in- and output in the sound settings, I still get no sound from the loudspeakers when the external microphone is plugged into the jack socket. On my former...
  4. No sound from loudspeakers when external microphone is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using the output jack as a mono input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  6. Using the output jack as a mono input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  7. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325
  8. Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased

Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased: Whenever The Microphone Is Being Used, Output Sound Gets Decreased.Windows 10 Sound Quality also decereases.For Example i cannot use Voice Chat while playing games cuz in game sound quality becomes terrible. Is there any way to disable this?...
  9. no sound on output jack

no sound on output jack: I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10. Thanks. 148833
  10. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get sound from my desktop speakers with mic plugged in windows 10