Windows 10: Sound panel says mic isnt plugged in

Discus and support Sound panel says mic isnt plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i logged onto my computer and jumped into discord, was talking to my friends and all the sudden they couldn't hear me. I checked around and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zSlaxed, Jul 2, 2020.

1. zSlaxed Win User

Sound panel says mic isnt plugged in

So i logged onto my computer and jumped into discord, was talking to my friends and all the sudden they couldn't hear me. I checked around and found the sound control panel says my mic is not plugged in, it indeed is. So in restarted my computer, did all the basic stuff. When i plug/unplug it has a pop up that says "a device has been connected in jack" but still says not plugged in. Drivers are up to date and i use the hyperX cloud stingers. My motherboard is an

MSI z270.

:)

zSlaxed, Jul 2, 2020
  2. zSlaxed Win User

So i logged onto my computer and jumped into discord, was talking to my friends and all the sudden they couldn't hear me. I checked around and found the sound control panel says my mic is not plugged in, it indeed is. So in restarted my computer, did all
    the basic stuff. When i plug/unplug it has a pop up that says "a device has been connected in jack" but still says not plugged in. Drivers are up to date and i use the hyperX cloud stingers. My motherboard is an

MSI z270.

zSlaxed, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Sound panel says mic isnt plugged in

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that Mic is not working even though it says its plugged in, please follow the below steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and Type Troubleshoot

Step 2:

Under Find and Fix other problems select Speech

Step 3:

Click on Run the Troubleshooter

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 5, 2020
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Sounds like your front panel is not connected to the front panel outputs on either your motherboard or your sound card.

Afraid its a case of referring to your mobo manual and a matter of getting a pair of pliers out and plugging in small finicky wires onto tiny little pins...in the correct order.

MatTheCat, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound panel says mic isnt plugged in - Similar Threads - Sound panel says

2. Says mic is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says mic is not plugged in: I cannot use my microphone anymore, I tried using a new headset, disabling & reenabling drivers, uninstalling drivers, and the troubleshoot just says the problem is that the mic is not plugged in however both headsets iv used can still play sound when plugged in, if anyone...
  3. Says mic is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Says mic is not plugged in: I cannot use my microphone anymore, I tried using a new headset, disabling & reenabling drivers, uninstalling drivers, and the troubleshoot just says the problem is that the mic is not plugged in however both headsets iv used can still play sound when plugged in, if anyone...
  4. My headset mic says it is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset mic says it is not plugged in: So a couple of days ago I got noticed my computer was using my webcam mic and not my headset mic, which I thought was strange because it usually defaults to the headset. I checked sound settings and it says that my mic is not plugged in, it even specifies the headphone jack...
  5. Jack Mic says it is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jack Mic says it is not plugged in: Recently, when using my headset the mic has not been working. There has been no problem with the sound, only the mic will not work. When looking in the sound settings, it says that the jack mic RealtekR audio is not plugged in even when it is. I have tested the mic on other...
  6. No Sound And Mic Isnt Working

No Sound And Mic Isnt Working: My sound isnt working in any apps and my mic isnt working in any apps either. When I try and test mic in settings it shows that there is sound coming from my mic but when I go into discord it says there isnt any sound at all. Also my sound isnt working in any apps but when I...
  7. headphone is plugged in but windows says it isnt

headphone is plugged in but windows says it isnt: hi so i was playing games and on several i noticed that my push to talk wouldnt work at all no matter what key i bound it to. i was looking through sound settings to set my headphones as default input when i noticed it says it wasnt connected. sound still comes out perfectly...
  8. Jack mic saying "not plugged it'

Jack mic saying "not plugged it': [ATTACH]My Jack mic says not plugged in when it is. For some reason my computer isnt detecting any Jack mic input for some reason. This happened to me before and I fixed it by doing a restore point, but I cant do a restore point for this situation because I forgot to create...
  9. Mic in at front panel black not plugged in"

Mic in at front panel black not plugged in": suche Driver für Mic in at front panel black not plugged in Audio Endpoint für Realtek...... Mic oder MS Driver ! für Medion akoya Model E1318T notebokk MD99330...
  10. "Mic in at front Panel (Black)" Not Plugged In

"Mic in at front Panel (Black)" Not Plugged In: Hello! Up until a few days ago I was able to use the microphone on my earbuds with no issue, and now the microphone won't connect to windows. I've tried everything I can find to help fix it, restarting my computer, updating the drivers, running the troubleshooter, etc. etc....