Windows 10: Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

Discus and support Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by olat, Oct 18, 2020.

1. olat Win User

Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back.

For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to wake up the monitor, same thing happens.

I've tried 3 different monitors, different HDMI cables, DP cables, everything's the same.

Has anyone had this issue before and do you guys have any recommendations on what I could do about this?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X53 C
    Matisse 7nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1599MHz (16-18-18-36)
    Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02) (AM4)28 C
    Graphics
    27GL650F ([email protected])
    LG TV ([email protected])
    8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (XFX Pine Group)52 C
    Storage
    298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAKS-75L9A0 (SATA )30 C
    223GB SSD (SATA (SSD))17 C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))30 C
    Optical Drives
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
    Audio
    DFX Audio Enhancer

Let me know if I can provide anything else

Thanks,

:)

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Dude Win User
    Monitor waking from sleep

I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown?

Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep [​IMG]

Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen with my old monitor

4. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then
    goes back to sleep.

Any suggestions? Using Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

thanks

cliff

CliffMorgan, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

1. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep - Similar Threads - Sound pauses every

2. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  4. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  5. W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.: Hello, I'm not an expert and any help would be greatly appreciated. W10 PC, keeps waking from Sleep. A few months ago, this would happen occasionally. I could not find anything for this. I did in power options set the "allow wake timers" to disable. That fixed the problem,...
  6. My second monitor will not wake from sleep half of the time

My second monitor will not wake from sleep half of the time: Lately my computer struggles to sleep. There are 2 issues. 1 After being asleep for 3-5 mins my PC just comes on, fans and lights start up and it sounds like it's working on something. screens stay dark. I can't figure out if there's a background process or something. The...
  7. BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode: I wondered if anyone can provide any help with a very frustrating issue I have been having. My system is a fair few years old and I have never had any problems until recently. All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, I noted that every single time my PC wakes from sleep mode it BSOD...
  8. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  9. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...