Windows 10: Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open

Discus and support Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since this morning whenever I open the volume slider an alarm sound starts playing automatically. Because I want to adjust the volume of the thing I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nedreow, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open

Since this morning whenever I open the volume slider an alarm sound starts playing automatically. Because I want to adjust the volume of the thing I'm currently listening to this is obviously rather annoying. I cannot find any information about this only so I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable this feature.

submitted by /u/nedreow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nedreow, Mar 1, 2020
  2. GosuSheep Win User

"Ding" sound (e.g. from adjusting volume) no longer plays

When adjusting volume on Windows, the system will play a "ding" sound to help you gauge the current volume. That sound no longer plays on my machine.

What I've done:

• Tried various output devices (speakers, headerphones, monitor speakers, etc.)
    • Updated mobo and sound card drivers
    • Played the .wav files (C:\Windows\media) in a media player to ensure the files are not corrupted

Methods that SHOULD play the sound but don't:

• Adjust volume
    • {Windows_key} (search) --> type "sound" --> {Enter} --> "Sounds" tab --> Scroll to "Default Beep" --> click "Test"
    • Running some batch file that echoes 0x007
    • `echo ^G`

Thanks for your time.

GosuSheep, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open

every time adjust volume, I hear windows sysem sound, annoying loud

Sorry, I don't know of any way to do that as I've never heard anything like that. How are you adjusting the volume? And do you experience the same thing if playing a mp3 file or when a video is not playing, for example?

How are you playing it? From a file? On line?

If there were such a sound it would be listed here:

Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open

1. Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open - Similar Threads - Sound plays while

2. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound muted if changes volume while playing: Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.Here are what...
  3. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muted if changes volume while playing: Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.Here are what...
  4. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  6. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  7. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Adjust sound volume scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust sound volume scaling: Okay how do I describe this. When I wear my headset I currently have to set the system sound volume to 4 in order to not blow my eardrums, but that leaves me with only 4 levels between no sound and my ears start to bleed. What I've been wondering is if there is a way to set...
  9. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume: I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn...
  10. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...