Windows 10: Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

Discus and support Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have trouble with Windows about the sound crackling and popping almost all the time.// Hardware specs :CPU : Intel i9-9900KF 3.60 GhzGPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mattdaxter41, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

Hi everyone, I have trouble with Windows about the sound crackling and popping almost all the time.// Hardware specs :CPU : Intel i9-9900KF 3.60 GhzGPU : Geforce RTX 3060Ram : 48GBAudio : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen// Windows spec :System type : x64Edition : Windows 10 Education Version : 20H2 Installed on : ‎06/‎02/‎2021 OS build : 19042.1288 Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 // Latencymon report :_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-tim

:)

Mattdaxter41, Oct 20, 2021

2. Crackling/Popping sound Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 20, 2021
  3. poganyg Win User
    Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

Cracking sound from the Speakers After Updating to Windows 10

I have recently updated my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Since then the sound from speakers are cracking and popping. I have tried updating the drivers but the problem still exists.

SanidhyaSanu, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

1. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound popping cracking

2. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I have trouble with Windows about the sound crackling and popping almost all the time.// Hardware specs :CPU : Intel i9-9900KF 3.60 GhzGPU : Geforce RTX 3060Ram : 48GBAudio : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen// Windows spec :System type : x64Edition : Windows 10...
  3. Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound popping and cracking in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I have trouble with Windows about the sound crackling and popping almost all the time.// Hardware specs :CPU : Intel i9-9900KF 3.60 GhzGPU : Geforce RTX 3060Ram : 48GBAudio : Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen// Windows spec :System type : x64Edition : Windows 10...
  4. Cracking sound in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cracking sound in Windows 10/11: Greetings, everyone!I have an issue with my sound in Win 10/11. I don't really remember when it started, but I'm sure it was the last Win 10 update back in the days like 2 or 3 weeks ago. So here's the issue — I have a lot of cracking sound and it hurts my brain a lot. When I...
  5. Cracking sound in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cracking sound in Windows 10/11: Greeting, everyone!I have an issue with my sound in Win 10/11. I don't really remember when it started, but I'm sure it was the last Win 10 update back in the days like 2 or 3 weeks ago. So here's the issue — I have a lot of cracking sound and it hurts my brain a lot. When I...
  6. Cracking sound in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cracking sound in Windows 10/11: Greeting, everyone!I have an issue with my sound in Win 10/11. I don't really remember when it started, but I'm sure it was the last Win 10 update back in the days like 2 or 3 weeks ago. So here's the issue — I have a lot of cracking sound and it hurts my brain a lot. When I...
  7. Really need help! My windows sounds cracking/popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Really need help! My windows sounds cracking/popping: I've searching around the internet for days and I still can't figure out what's going on. I've installed and uninstalled most of my drivers and nothing happens. Also tried using an external sound card. Here's my LatencyMon stats:...
  8. Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking: I recently bought an HP notebook to use it for audio processing. it has: Intel Core i7 9th generation (Coffee Lake) CPU 9750H @ 2.60Ghz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, I tried different DJ audio interfaces like Traktor Kontrol S4 mk3 and Pioneer DJM 900 NXS2. With both, I...
  9. popping/cracking

in Windows 10 Customization
    popping/cracking: So occasionly there will be horrible constant popping with my computer. its not my headphones because it does it with the speaker too. I have only found a temporary fix if you change the quality of the sound (16bit 48000Hz to 24bit 44100 Hz) it stops. if there is a repeated...
  10. Audio popping and cracking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and cracking: My build System Builder - Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING, Zondda-B ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker I've had issues with my build since I built it 2 years ago. I replaced the gigabyte motherboard once, same issues. I got audio popping and its very...