Windows 10: Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

Discus and support Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jak909, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Jak909 Win User

Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work.

:)

Jak909, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Chrise Win User

Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    No sound when connected to external monitor

Hi Bill,

To fix this issue, you can try the steps below:

• Plug in both ends of the HDMI without the laptop on.
    • Turn the external monitor on and set to HDMI screen.
    • Boot up your laptop from a shutdown position (not restart).
    • Your laptop will now recognize the external monitor and will acknowledge its presence.
    • Right-click the speaker icon on the task bar and choose
      View Volume Controls.
    • Set TV as default.
    • Click Apply, then click Ok.
    You can also refer to the article in this
    link
    to help fix sound problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Chrise Win User

Laptop External Monitor Problem

Discovered the best interim solution and best way to live this problem:

• I have changed my LG TV auto power setting to OFF - therefore the monitor remains ON constantly and therefore laptop instantly presents a display to my monitor, sleep, restart etc..

The critical issues being in this bizarre problem :-

• Windows 10 HP laptop is both physically and S/W connected to LG monitor
    • LG monitor can take up to 45mins to present this display on each and every day
    • Connected laptop via HDMI to three other monitors(TV’s etc), same problem, one TV was less than six months old
    • There appears to be raised problems generally in relation to such an external monitor problem on the WWW
    • Never incurred such a problem in Windows 7

I stress these are the facts of my problem and thank you again

Chrise, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop - Similar Threads - Sound problem connecting

2. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  3. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  4. Microphone not working - after connecting laptop to an external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working - after connecting laptop to an external monitor: Not sure this is the best place to ask this question, but let's give it a shot. My microphone is not functioning properly. I've tried testing it out on Zoom, Skype, and even the voice recorder app that comes pre-installed with my laptop. All of this was working before. Oddly,...
  5. Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?

Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?: Hi! I just got this laptop and am using an HMDI cord to connect my laptop to external monitor. I have a Dell inspiron 15 windows 10. It keeps saying it doesn’t detect the monitor but I use it fine with my older laptop. My laptop is also in s-mode..is this a problem?...
  6. [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...

[20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...: During using the latest generation intel platform notebook unit, the unit is installed 20H1windows 10 v2004 OS connect a external monitor to the unit by type-c port Then switch the display to monitor onlysecond screen only,it can be found video can be switched to...
  7. Connect external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect external monitor: How can I connect an external monitor to my new laptop with VGA to HDMI cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-external-monitor/9e79dcc5-5257-4f83-999a-40af6632e4e6
  8. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...
  9. Laptop External Monitor Problem

Laptop External Monitor Problem: A have a HP ProBook 450 G2(2015) connected via HDMI to an external monitor LGM2762D I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10approximately two months ago Every morning when I start the laptop itappears to take approximately 20 minutes to synchronize with my externalmonitor I have...
  10. Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10?

Connecting External Monitor, No Screen and Sound on Windows 10?: I bought a new dell laptop that uses windows 10. My previous laptops and desktops are windows 7. My dell laptop has 1920x1080 resolution. The thing is i always connect to an external monitor and use 1920x1200 resolution. First off, i want to use my 24' monitor as my main...