Windows 10: Sound problem "Audio device not found"

Discus and support Sound problem "Audio device not found" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidFurr2, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?

:)

DavidFurr2, Nov 15, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Nov 15, 2021
  4. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

Sound problem "Audio device not found"

1. Sound problem "Audio device not found" - Similar Threads - Sound problem Audio

2. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  3. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  4. audio device is not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio device is not found: Until my update, I could hear fine on my computer, but now even the audio device cannot be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-found/648d5fea-8a31-4073-ad20-f8bfd2d6545d
  5. audio device is not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio device is not found: Until my update, I could hear fine on my computer, but now even the audio device cannot be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-found/648d5fea-8a31-4073-ad20-f8bfd2d6545d
  6. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  7. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  8. Audio device not found

Audio device not found: My systems speaker and microphone not workingInitially it shows unknown device and audio device not found , I tried to update and also uninstall the driver , now the device manager have doesn't have realtek or any high-definition driver . It should have reinstall...
  9. Sound Device not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Device not found: I recently updated Windows 10, on start up I had noticed I no longer have any output or input devices to choose from in Settings. I have tried updating every audio driver I have, restarted multiple times, reset my entire PC, reinstalled multiple drivers. Still I do not...
  10. Sound Devices Not Found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Devices Not Found: I've just purchased a small USB powered soundbar for my office PC, mainly to alert me when I have emails dropping in. My PC is a Dell Optiplex 790 running Windows 10 v 20h2. The speaker icon has a red circle/white cross symbol on it. If I left click on this the sound...