Windows 10: Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant

Discus and support Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. So I have been having this problem for a while now with my internal laptop speakers. They very infrequently play sounds and when they do,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ellellell1, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant

Hi there.

So I have been having this problem for a while now with my internal laptop speakers. They very infrequently play sounds and when they do, its only for about a minute.

No problems with headphones and playback devices switch as they are supposed too. I am using MS's High definition audio device at the moment, but I know that it is actually a Conexant Smart HD audio driver. I have tried updating the driver to many different versions of windows from mytoshiba drivers etc...

I'm thinking I need an updated driver for Windows 10, one that is Conexant. Unfortunately my laptop doesn't have any windows 10 sound drivers on Toshiba's support website.

Any ideas? *Confused

When I play music, I can see the Speakers green bar moving up and down but no music is coming out. Headphones are fine. I also have 4 Nvidia Audio drivers but I don't think this is causing any problem as these I believe are for my HDMI output.

Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant [​IMG]

Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant [​IMG]

:)

ellellell1, Mar 3, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and cannot open pictures

Device manager:

Under audio inputs & outputs I have Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 audio driver, version 10.0.10240.16384, provider Microsoft.

Under sound, video & game controllers I have Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221, driver version 4.36.7.60, provider Conexant.

Time Lady, Mar 3, 2017
  3. No sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and cannot open pictures

Thanks!

John W [MSFT], Mar 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant

Is this for the Toshiba Satellite L750/0T1 in your system specs @ellellell1? Mine is a Toshiba Satellite L750-16L and, yes, sound can be a problem.

The main problem is that a design flaw means the Conexant chip can get too hot. When it overheats the output stage that drives the speakers has a thermal cut-out that can only be reset by powering down the chip. It's just the output to the speakers - try headphones and I'll bet your sound works fine.

I recently gave a detailed explanation of workarounds on another thread.
    keep louseing audio in windows 10 on toshiba l755d-s5130 laptop

Bree, Mar 3, 2017
  5. Yep, its my laptop in the system specs. Interesting... I'll have a look at this. My headphone work fine *Wink.

ellellell1, Mar 3, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    There are were lots of threads on the Toshiba forum, but seems Toshiba have had a spring-clean and deleted a lot of 'obsolete' topics recently. There are still plenty of threads on other sites though.

If you're feeling adventurous you could try this fix...

Sound problem on Toshiba laptop - sound - Laptop Tech Support

I just keep my volume low *Smile

Bree, Mar 3, 2017
  7. Thanks. Problem not worth it for me as its quite an old laptop and thinking of using external speakers anyway. Thanks for all this info *Smile

ellellell1, Mar 3, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

True, but mine works faster and is more stable on Windows 10 than it ever was with Toshiba's OEM Win7.

Bree, Mar 3, 2017
  9. I know the feeling, I have tried dozens of Conexant drivers and neither worked, until driver updater updated found me one from July 2016. Try Driver Easy it can find almost anything, once you know, what version to look for, you can download it elsewhere, like Softpedia or via the software, but free version is slow.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant - Similar Threads - Sound problem High

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio: When I go to Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers my Dell XPS 8940 has the Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1, 8/24/2021 installed. If I click Update driver > Browse my computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list . . ., two "models" are listed under...
  6. Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek High-Definition Audio Device vs Realtek Audio: When I go to Device Manager > Sound Video and Game controllers my Dell XPS 8940 has the Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1, 8/24/2021 installed. If I click Update driver > Browse my computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list . . ., two "models" are listed under...
  7. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  8. A problem with my High Definition Audio Device

A problem with my High Definition Audio Device: For the last couple of weeks I've been having a problem with the audio and sound with my laptop. The audio started getting really low and bad. I couldn't hear anything. My microphone works perfect but the speaker seems to be the problem. I did a troubleshot and it said that...
  9. No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device: Hi all, I'll try to tell the story from start to finish to provide all the detail possible. Originally, I used to use my old RIG headset on my computer using a spliter that was connected to my monitor and I had it in combination with some speakers connected to the...
  10. High Definition Audio Device driver problems | Sound dies randomly

High Definition Audio Device driver problems | Sound dies randomly: I bought new pc parts this week and also bought Windows 10 Home while I was at it, due to W7 not accepting USB 3.0. But shortly after, I started having bad audio problems when using my headset, which is connected to my motherboard's rear 3.5mm output. The symptoms consist...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i know what sound device is on my laptop conexant