Windows 10: Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels

Discus and support Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My sound is jumping from 100% to 67% and back again. This repeats itself consistently. Observed in the App Volume Device Preferences place.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronTeng1, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels

My sound is jumping from 100% to 67% and back again. This repeats itself consistently. Observed in the App Volume Device Preferences place.

:)

AaronTeng1, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to always start the computer at the same sounds level

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Sound icon on the Taskbar.
    • Click on Sound and Select Playback tab.
    • Right Click on Speakers and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and adjust the sound level as per your requirement and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the sound level remains same.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 3, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels

1. Sound problem involving fluctuating sound levels - Similar Threads - Sound problem involving

2. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  3. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  4. Weird sound level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound level: [ATTACH] Hello there, I have a weird thing on my computer and wondered if anyone has ever seen that. It make the headset sound not increase in a straight line, but more like a parable. So when the sound is not 100%, it is greatly reduced. Sound level at 92 Sound...
  5. Microphone Sound Level Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Level Changing: I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer however is automatically changing the volume level to what it thinks it should be when I speak and it is too high. How do I...
  6. Apparent sound problems regarding the volume level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apparent sound problems regarding the volume level: Thank you to anyone who reads this. The problem I have is that one day, out of nowhere, even with the volume at 100, my laptop speakers sound very low, almost like they had no sound. I did look it up and it tells me to go to a tab in the sound control panel called...
  7. Sound Fluctuation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Fluctuation: Ever since I updated my laptop on 10/8/2019 I've had an issue with the audio slowing fluctuating up and down. For Example when watching a youtube video my volume would be set to 30. Throughout the duration of the video it sounds as if the volume fades away and then jumps back...
  8. sound level of adverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level of adverts: Why is it that those adverts MS is pushing have such high volume levels? Or is that just another devious way to try to get people pay for what always has been a free game.... I have adjusted the sound levels of my games, programmes etc so that they are just like I want them...
  9. sound levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound levels: I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really low. Both on headphones and without them. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. Anyone have some input? Thanks, biddy...
  10. USB Sound Recording Level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sound Recording Level: Does anyone know where in the Windows 10 registry the audio recording levels are stored? I am experiencing very low audio recording levels from a USB interface (Mackie Blackjack). The audio recording levels are set to 100 for this device but are still quite low....