Windows 10: sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound)

Discus and support sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; new laptop here, first thing was installing firefox, and there is no sound (while microsoft edge can play sounds). than installed chrome, no sound, gom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by googlemyname, Nov 23, 2019.

1. sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound)

new laptop here, first thing was installing firefox, and there is no sound (while microsoft edge can play sounds). than installed chrome, no sound, gom player, no sound, winamp, can't even play the file. movies and tv app can play video with sound.

on firefox, if you play a video (youtube, vimeo etc.) it runs without sound, if you play audio (bandcamp, soundcloud etc) it not plays at all, play button activates but bar is not moving.

i tried to reinstall the driver but still same.

windows 10 pro, all updated. laptop is asus x571 (Asus X571GD-AL143)

:)

googlemyname, Nov 23, 2019

2. Sorround sound in "Movies & TV" Application

This post was not helpful there is a serious issue with the sound in the new "Movies and TV" app there is no sound while sound works for every other program. My boyfriend who is very familiar with OS's including taking OS classes and doing some MS development
    went through all of these steps but still the video we paid for will not play sound. Note MS Groove witch is also a new win 10 app plays sound fine.

AshleyKahlo, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Kuloskap Win User
    movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

Kuloskap, Nov 23, 2019
  4. dp001 Win User

sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound)

Movies & TV - MKV no sound

Hi All,

I recently upgrade my VOYO minipc (based on Intel Z3735F hardware) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Everything was fine, absolutely no issues with upgrade.

just one question. I tried to play MKV videos from Movies & TV metro app.

Video is fine but no sound.

Digging into sound settings I can see that there is no sound on the output interface.

The VOYO has an HDMI output only and it is connected directly to a LED TV.

Same video plays well with any other player.

Sound is working fine on the system, I had this issues just with the Movies & TV apps.

On another PC the same application is working fine (different hardware)

Thanks,

David

dp001, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound)

1. sound problem (only "edge" and "movies & tv" can play sound) - Similar Threads - sound problem edge

2. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser and the Movies - getting only sound, no video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge Browser and the Movies - getting only sound, no video: Hi, I started using Edge Browser, but I am not able to watch videos in Facebook: I hear the voice, but do not see any image, just a black screen. YouTube videos work in Edge! Everything also works in Internet Explorer. 1 Use Adobe Flash Player is On. 2 “Use software...
  4. Only sound, no picture when playing some of the mp4 files in Movies and TV App And Windows...

Only sound, no picture when playing some of the mp4 files in Movies and TV App And Windows...: There are a few mp4 files not all of them some how that I captured with my HTC smart phone only have sound but no pictures when running with Windows "Movies & TV" app, same for Windows Media Player. Those files plays no problem with QuickTime, VLC player and even my WinAmp....
  5. HDMI to TV - sound problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI to TV - sound problem: Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV, whereas previously it did come through the TV speakers. What is happened and how is it fixed, please?...
  6. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good: when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-playing-videos-with-movies-and-tv-app/54c1fd67-0825-478c-90cf-3b5d82571bc0
  7. Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound: The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing. So really, why...
  8. Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.

Sound source problem in a Movie & TV app.: Hi everyone! I have a movie that is in .mkv format and has two sources of sound. One is with Polish lector and the other one with original, English sound. By default the Polish version of the sound is played, so when I wanted to switch it to the original one, I could not do...
  9. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  10. TV & Movies only: No sound

TV & Movies only: No sound: Hello, This is specific to the Movies and TV app only. My drivers are all updated, all my apps are working fine, including my media servers, my media players (VLC, Media Player, etc.), my video games, my sound card beeping when I'm adjusting the volume, etc. I recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the sound that comes on that sounds like digging on microsoft edge