Windows 10: SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10

Discus and support SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem is one day after computer was running perfectly fine, I just suddenly had no audio device to produce sound. The speaker icon in the Win tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PZLUXE, Jan 6, 2021.

1. PZLUXE Win User

SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10

My problem is one day after computer was running perfectly fine, I just suddenly had no audio device to produce sound. The speaker icon in the Win tool bar had an X and said " No audio device present". I checked if there was an WIndows update the night before and there was. It was the 1604 update. I have no other issues with computer. I reinstalled latest drivers from HP first and got Device manager to show the realtek audio component. However, still there was no sound. With computer on looking at the speaker icon in the Windows tray at the bottom of my screen if I hovered over it, it was like 2 drivers competing for control of the device or speakers. Every 5 seconds or so 1 was realtek HD audio SST and the 2nd was Realtek HD audio SST. This would constantly happen whenever using laptop.

I have tried everything. The device works because once I removed it for device manager and restarted and it found new hardware and worked for about 10 seconds until a second driver gets installed. I am not a computer noob. I am MCSE certified way back in 2000 and A+ cert at the same time. I have done everything besides wiping and starting over. Now I am showing no audio device present after doing a delete and restart of the Realtek Hardware.

I have looked into the issues listed in admin console and it just says "needs further installation". This laptop has the Bang & Olson speakers which probably has a part in this issue. But I have tried everything with that. I have tried Windows 10 drivers, revert to state before 1604 update. But now I am on the 2H something update.

Anyone have any ideas. It is almost like it islooking for some Bose Headphones I connnected to it at one time. But tried everything with those.

I have not looked into the BIOS. That would be my last step before wiping and starting fresh.

Thanks-Phil

:)

PZLUXE, Jan 6, 2021

2. On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?

On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?

Empress123G, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10 - Similar Threads - SOUND PROBLEM Realtek

2. Realtek audio not working in win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio not working in win 10?: No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-not-working-in-win-10/3cf7804b-300e-46f2-a5de-bb63150aaffa
  3. Realtek audio not working in win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio not working in win 10?: No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-not-working-in-win-10/3cf7804b-300e-46f2-a5de-bb63150aaffa
  4. No sound no microphon HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound no microphon HP spectre x360: Hello, I've reinstalled Windows 10 home but already no sound. I'm going to update it to WIn 10 october. I've downloaded Bios from HP website, also sound driver, but no result... IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz High Definition Audio Device Driver audio:...
  5. No Audio on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio on HP Spectre: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l51.png?width=1551&format=png&auto=webp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af When turning on I noticed a red cross against the volume icon in the taskbar. When running the troubleshooter, I get two errors (as pictured)....
  6. On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?

On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio?: On the HP Spectre 360X are headphones always needed to hear the audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-the-hp-spectre-360x-are-headphones-always/5cfbec9f-16d2-403b-8c78-ba23b1292b24
  7. Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre: I own a HP Spectre. I have had no problems updating my computer in the past. However update 1903 rolled around and my computer hasn't updated since. I can download the update then it goes through the install process, after which it fails saying there was a problem and that I...
  8. Sound problem on HP Laptop Win 10

Sound problem on HP Laptop Win 10: Audio output is no good on HP laptop factory installed windows 10. Every couple of seconds feedback or clipping sound which breaks up every few words; It also can play normal for a few hours to reverting back to a sound distortion every couple of seconds. I have performed...
  9. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...
  10. sound/realtek audio

sound/realtek audio: Reltek driver updated on my laptop, and now the sound sounds weird and has a weird echo like surround sound effect. It plays the sounds in both sides of the headphones but its more vivid in either the left or right side. Ex; if there were drums in a music video it might...