Windows 10: Sound problem when launching from .exe

Discus and support Sound problem when launching from .exe in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with this program (a game), which for some off reason, does not launch with sound enabled. However, when I launch it through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GXP10, Jun 24, 2015.

1. GXP10 Win User

Sound problem when launching from .exe

I have a problem with this program (a game), which for some off reason, does not launch with sound enabled.

However, when I launch it through another program such as GeForce experience, or Raptr, the sound works one time and then refuses to work again after launching for a second time. Though if I were to reinstall the containing program which can launch, the game, it would work, one time.

So I thought if it would be possible to find out why these programs seem to enable sound for their first pass, but not in there second pass, or why the sound is not working at all.

I know that the program is tagged as incompatible to Windows when I run the troubleshooter, but other than that, I'm not sure why sometimes the sound works.

Thanks.

:)

GXP10, Jun 24, 2015

2. Ragnarok Online and Windows 10 compatibility

Hello and this is what what helped me (after a minute of searching online).

• Right click on the ragnarok online exe and select compatibility mode with windows 7 or 8, apply and ok and then launch the game.
    • Launch the opensetup exe in the game folder (where you can setup graphics , sound etc) and tick off the fullscreen option, hit apply and ok and then launch the game.
    It should be able to run that way. If that will not work then I will try to find a different solution.

And on a side note Ragnarok Online is not a browser game.

Damian1986, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Cutwow475 Win User
    Launching a .exe

I keep on getting this error when it try to launch or install an application, "unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied"

I also have checked the permissions in the TEMP directory.

Cutwow475, Jun 24, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

Incompatible programs can have varying results, as you have found out. Its not a "problem" or "fault" with Windows its a problem with the program.

Best you can do is try to run it in a compatibility mode for whatever OS it was designed for and see if that helps.

fireberd, Jun 24, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    The only issue that I have had with Windows 10 is the sound. In gaming it is OK but all other sounds seem to be coming from a cave.

6. GXP10 Win User
    Unfortunately, using the troubleshooter doesn't help at all :/

GXP10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound problem when launching from .exe - Similar Threads - Sound problem launching

2. Unable to launch .exe from an app, whereas manually it can be launched.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch .exe from an app, whereas manually it can be launched.: Hi, I have created a software which on click launches an exe named as ConfiguratorLite.exeIf I try launching notepad or other exe, it works fine but for configuratorLite, it shows error as attached image...
  3. Unable to launch .exe from an app, whereas manually it can be launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch .exe from an app, whereas manually it can be launched.: Hi, I have created a software which on click launches an exe named as ConfiguratorLite.exeIf I try launching notepad or other exe, it works fine but for configuratorLite, it shows error as attached image...
  4. Unable to launch .exe from an app, whereas manually it can be launched.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?: it keeps giving me random blue screen errors each time it crashes when a .exe is downloaded,bootrec was enough of a sledgehammer to the side to get it stable, though didn't resolve the issue. it also isn't allowing me to use the recovery option to install the system &...
  6. what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?

what would cause a computer to crash when an .exe is launched?: it keeps giving me random blue screen errors each time it crashes when a .exe is downloaded,bootrec was enough of a sledgehammer to the side to get it stable, though didn't resolve the issue. it also isn't allowing me to use the recovery option to install the system &...
  7. Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.: Hello, This is a non existential issue but a really boring one. Whenever I try to launch an .exe INSTALLER application, wherever I launched it from freezes for around 5 minutes or more before launching the installer. For exemple when I download a random installer, let's say...
  8. Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe

Shortcut won't launch iTunes. Can launch from .exe: The "target" and "start in" settings are identical: C:\Program Files\iTunes.exe. The "open file location" button goes to the correct folder and file. Each time I click the shortcut a new instance of iTunes appears in Task Manager, but nothing appears on the screen. If I go...
  9. Microphone Levels Reset to 100 when I launch EXE programs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels Reset to 100 when I launch EXE programs.: What's wrong: I recently purchased a Samson Meteor Microphone and was thoroughly enjoying it. However recently an incessant problem has occurred where whenever I launch any exe file, IE: steam games, leauge of legends after champ select, anything that basically takes me into...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...