Windows 10: Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor

Discus and support Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have just bought an ASUS BE24D monitor with webcam, mic & speakers. I have got everything to work - eventually - except for the speakers. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamDavis8, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor

Hi

I have just bought an ASUS BE24D monitor with webcam, mic & speakers.

I have got everything to work - eventually - except for the speakers.

I am using an HDMI cable to connect the monitor to the PC, I have also connected a ordinary Jack cable and the provided by ASUS USB cable between the monitor and PC

When running a video on the PC I can see the sound bar moving within the sound settings of Windows - but no sound is emitted! The sound output device is set to BE24D Intel R Display Audio. I think that could be another setting somewhere that needs changing, or another connecting cable, or one cable less!!!

TIA

Adam

:)

AdamDavis8, Dec 9, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 9, 2020
  3. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor

1. Sound problem with ASUS BE24D monitor - Similar Threads - Sound problem ASUS

2. Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor: Hi,I just re-installed Windows 10. All sounds was working before re-install...External speakers, headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor. After re-install everything is working except the external speakers. Everything is showing up fine in device manager. All drivers are...
  3. Generic PnP monitor problem with my asus monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic PnP monitor problem with my asus monitor: I have vg248qe and I am stuck with 60hz and when I try to change it, windows says its a Generic PnP monitor. submitted by /u/rustyfy1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpc56w/generic_pnp_monitor_problem_with_my_asus_monitor/
  4. Monitor Sound

Monitor Sound: My monitor cannot connect to RPC service. What to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sound/03791502-8b1b-463d-a098-871adfabba22
  5. asus sound drivers

asus sound drivers: i have asus p7p55d-evo old board but on win7 i can have 5.1 sound but not anymore on win10 its via chip Can someone have look on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-sound-drivers/2d17b680-d82a-4593-8c42-45a3e982918d
  6. no sound on my asus monitor

no sound on my asus monitor: i just purchased a new monitor and cannot for the life of me figure out why i cannot get any sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-my-asus-monitor/84404031-68d1-45e8-9a1f-8a597477ca47
  7. asus curved monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    asus curved monitor: I'm using a curved Asus monitor as the only screen for my Surface. Is there a way to have office products to only open in half the screen? So I don't have to continually re-size Word, excel, PPT etc. Thanks,...
  8. Problem with sound on Notebook ASUS X74SLseries

Problem with sound on Notebook ASUS X74SLseries: On my notebook ASUS X74SLseries a have OS Windows 10 Enterprice. I use Realtek High Definition Audio driver. I tried different versions of this driver, but all produced the cracking of the sound. The actual version I use is shown in the picture below. When I used windows 7,...
  9. Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor?

Help please, No sound via HDMI to ASUS Monitor?: My problem is that when I connect my Motherboard to my ASUS VS247HR 23.6 Monitor via HDMI, I get display/video output fine but no sound through its speakers. Device Manager Screenshot: [img] Hardware and Sound: [img] System Specs: Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Autorotate+new Asus monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Autorotate+new Asus monitor: I just got my dad a new 27" Asus ips monitor that can rotate to portrait mode, which he wanted as a feature. Is there a way to have Windows 10 automatically rotate the screen when he physically rotates the monitor or does he have to go through display settings? 101673