Windows 10: Sound Problem With Headphones With Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Sound Problem With Headphones With Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are 2 speakers that i use on my computer: Speakers and Headphones When I plug in my headphones, the sound comes out my speakers. On the control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JustusPagan0__0, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Sound Problem With Headphones With Windows 10 PC

There are 2 speakers that i use on my computer: Speakers and Headphones

When I plug in my headphones, the sound comes out my speakers. On the control panel, It says my headphones aren't plugged in, and that my speakers are.

When I really unplug my headphones, My PC tries to play out my headphones and there is no sound. You know it tries to play out the headphones because in the control panel, It says my headphones ARE plugged in and that my speakers are not plugged in.

I don't UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING!!

:)

JustusPagan0__0, Jan 9, 2020

2. With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the head phone doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the headphone?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    3. How is the headphone connected to the PC?
    4. When you say ‘I've reset multiple times’, are you referring to the Sound settings reset or the complete PC reset?

However, let us try these methods and check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to try the steps from this article to check if that makes any difference.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-10-fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method B: To isolate the issue further, suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. On the Playback tab, select the headphone > right click and select properties > Go to advance tab and change the sample rate and test for the issue.
    2. Uncheck the option ‘Allow applications to take the exclusive control on this device’.
    3. Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Earphone/Headphone Problem

Hello Debapratim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of the head phone?

• Is the issue specific to this head phone?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab06

For headphone issues

I would suggest you to set headphone as default device and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a) Right Click on the sound icon
    at the bottom left corner at the taskbar.

b) Click on Playback devices.

c) Check if you are able to find the iconheadphone in the list of connected playback devices.

d) If yes, clickon the icon and then click on
    Set default option

e) Click on Apply and then onOK.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on“Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Sound Problem With Headphones With Windows 10 PC

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Sound Problem With Headphones With Windows 10 PC

1. Sound Problem With Headphones With Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Sound Problem Headphones

2. the problem with the sound in Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the problem with the sound in Bluetooth headphones: hello, when I start recording the screen via alt+z or go into the voice channels in the discord and some other applications, the sound in bluetooth headphones is distorted to terrible quality, but if I do the same thing in wired headphones, then everything is fine, I tried...
  3. Headphone and sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone and sound problem: Hello, I have a problem when connecting the headset to the computer. I can't control the volume. I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-and-sound-problem/7445bc5e-c311-439c-990d-fb700f908e2b
  4. Headphone and sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone and sound problem: Hello, I have a problem when connecting the headset to the computer. I can't control the volume. I hope you can help me as soon as possible and thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-and-sound-problem/7445bc5e-c311-439c-990d-fb700f908e2b
  5. windows 11 headphones sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 headphones sound problem: I've been having this problem since i upgraded to windows 11. basiclly yesterdayApparently my headphones are sounding in a very low quality after updating, but the problem is not the headphones themselves as I have tried some wireless ones and others that are not. I already...
  6. windows 11 headphones sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 headphones sound problem: I've been having this problem since i upgraded to windows 11. basiclly yesterdayApparently my headphones are sounding in a very low quality after updating, but the problem is not the headphones themselves as I have tried some wireless ones and others that are not. I already...
  7. Problem in sound on Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem in sound on Bluetooth headphones: I have a PC running windows 10. Earlier everything was working fine but recently I discovered an issue with the sound using while Bluetooth headphones. When I have sound playing, and I click on the Wi-Fi icon on taskbar, the sound stops coming. It does not come until and...
  8. Sound from headphones - PC Windows 10

Sound from headphones - PC Windows 10: PC running Windows 10. When I plug in my headphones, I get a message which says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in". I have no problem with the speakers....
  9. Headphones sound problem (Windows 10)

Headphones sound problem (Windows 10): Actually, everything works fine. There's only one thing: if I change the volume using my headphones (bluetooth connection), nothing changes visually. What I mean is that the volume changes like I want to but if I go check the volume in the task bar under audio settings, it...
  10. Problem with sound to stereo headphones

Problem with sound to stereo headphones: Have two 100% identical computers... A-The Windows simulated quadrophonic and 7.1 sound test works fine B- Thesound only appears in the left and right ear, two speakers only, clicking on the others gives a wave symbol on the screen, but nothing through the headset Having...