Windows 10: sound problems after computer sleep

Discus and support sound problems after computer sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; so i have my pc connected to tv using HDMI cable, so sound goes through this cable and uses nVIDIA audio driver as the hdmi calbe is connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PelegDruckmann, Apr 10, 2020.

1. sound problems after computer sleep

so i have my pc connected to tv using HDMI cable, so sound goes through this cable and uses nVIDIA audio driver as the hdmi calbe is connected to my nvidia gpu. when the computer wakes up from sleep, it automatically changes to realtek driver although there are no speakers that are connected, and also the nvidia driver disappears from the drivers options. the solution to fix it is either restart or if i start the "troubleshoot sound problems", then suddenly the nvidia driver comes back and i can choose it and sound goes back. there was a time i could also just click "device properties" on the realtek driver and suddenly the nvidia driver would come back, but that doesn't seem to work lately.

is there anyway where i won't need to do this and the nvidia driver would automatically work after wakeup from sleep? thanks.

:)

PelegDruckmann, Apr 10, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

sound problems after computer sleep

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

sound problems after computer sleep

1. sound problems after computer sleep - Similar Threads - sound problems computer

2. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown and sleep sound problem: shutdown and sleep sound problem to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-and-sleep-sound-problem/9274952e-7bd1-46e1-bb35-c08648d4f399
  3. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown and sleep sound problem: shutdown and sleep sound problem to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-and-sleep-sound-problem/9274952e-7bd1-46e1-bb35-c08648d4f399
  4. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer sleep problem

computer sleep problem: my computer will auto sleep after 10 min, after 10 min, my laptop will go to sleep, but cannot open the laptop, in this case, the power is on, able to hear the voice and the keyboard also can function just the screen display blank whatever you press which button in keyboard...
  6. Problem: Computer Unresponsive at Sleep or after Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Computer Unresponsive at Sleep or after Sleep: All: Occasionally (about 1 time per week or so), when my HP laptop begins to go to sleep mode (after a period of inactivity or when 'Start/Power/Sleep' is selected), the system never makes it to sleep. The screen goes to a solid color and a spinning clock like symbol spins at...
  7. Lost Sound after Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Sound after Sleep: I've had this pc for a few days and it went into sleep mode earlier and I woke it up to no audio over my monitor speakers but bluetooth audio still worksin my headphones. I've tried everything I can with drivers (rollbacks, updates, etc) and I can't figure out what I'm...
  8. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  9. No Sound After Sleep Mode

No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  10. Sleep problem ( Computer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep problem ( Computer): I am finding that when I put the computer to sleep it wakes up again after about 10 seconds for no apparent reason which is very annoying. Please can anybody give me a solution to this problem. Thanks Brian 66456