Windows 10: Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade

Discus and support Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a In-Place Upgrade, and my sound driver didn't install after the upgrade. My computer is made to run Conexant HD Audio. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade

I recently did a In-Place Upgrade, and my sound driver didn't install after the upgrade.

My computer is made to run Conexant HD Audio.

Can someone please assist me on which driver version of Conexant HD Audio I should install?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Jun 19, 2016
  2. Istyara Win User

OSK popping up when software Run As Admin

UPDATE:

A second in-place upgrade seems to have repaired the busted menus. I had to after my sound stopped working suddenly.

However, the OSK problem is still happening.

Istyara, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Can't find my Sound Recorder after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Thank you but it did not address my problem.

My problem is: I can no longer record streaming audio on my computer using "Sound Recorder" after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The "Sound Recorder" program is no longer listed in the Windows 10 Programs.

Too bad! I really enjoyed that program. I will probably buy some special recording software to take it's place.

RonMauceri, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade

Bump! Does anyone know? I hate to be impatient.

Jesse Williams, Jun 19, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Start with the one from your computer manufacturer's website for your model.

RWOne, Jun 19, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Ever since I did an In-Place Upgrade on my Notebook PC, I have been having problems with my sound card. It is very evident when installing a new program. When it asks if I want to install this program on my computer by asking me "Yes" or "No", the sound stutters. Soon, I am going to buy me a HP Notebook running Windows 10. I will never buy another Acer as they don't want offer drivers after the warranty has expired (What I am trying to say is, the drivers are hard to find). Back when my PC ran Windows 7, I would go to the Windows 7 Forums and Maxie (Brian) would help me find the right drivers for my system. I need help finding the drivers for this system until I can purchase the HP. I feel like I need a WHQL Conexant HD Audio driver. There may be other drivers that need to be updated too. Like I said before, some computers that were made by Acer are hard to find drivers for. Please help me! I come here often for help I know. But y'all are my only way of fixing my computer.

Thanks in advance!

Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade

1. Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade - Similar Threads - Sound Problems Place

2. In place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In place upgrade: Was wondering could in place upgrade be used to resetting like regdit changes and if so then what else can it restore to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ff153579-7322-4e44-8daa-8c1e0587e6dc
  3. In place upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In place upgrade: Was wondering could in place upgrade be used to resetting like regdit changes and if so then what else can it restore to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ff153579-7322-4e44-8daa-8c1e0587e6dc
  4. in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in-place upgrade: in-place upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ba32d89f-3c2a-40a0-bbfa-ceb62204675e
  5. in-place upgrade

in-place upgrade: in-place upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ba32d89f-3c2a-40a0-bbfa-ceb62204675e
  6. In-place upgrade question

In-place upgrade question: I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm getting the upgrade to Windows 11 "bums rush" from Windows Update. If I upgrade, will it be Windows 11 Pro or will I be stuck with the less-than-desirable limiting Windows 11 Home version?...
  7. In-Place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-Place Upgrade: Hi Paul. Understood your In-place process. But what if I have multiple accounts on my PC Admin, my kids, and my wife...etc would I lose any of those accounts if I did this procedure? Do I need to be worried about any loss of any personal data/info/files on my computer?Sam...
  8. In-place upgrade error

In-place upgrade error: Hello everyone, I tried a In-place upgrade by downloading the windows 10 iso, but as soon as the installation process start (after selecting keep personal files and apps) the process fails at 0%. Using Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1081. Error log attached 181888
  9. Problem with Windows 10 2004 in place upgrade

Problem with Windows 10 2004 in place upgrade: Hello, yesterday I got two cumulative updates 07 KB4565627 for .NET and KB4565503. [IMG] From what I read KB4565503 rise Windows to version 19041.388. I have some issue and want to try inplace upgrade, before clean install. I try USB 2004 tool, Windows 10 2004 oficial...
  10. Windows Activation after failed in place upgrade

Windows Activation after failed in place upgrade: Have a machine that was on Windows 7. Attempted an in place upgrade to windows 10 that ended with the machine being stuck in a boot loop. Ended up formatting the hard drive and just installing windows 10. Have done this many times in the past with no issue, but this...