Windows 10: Sound Problems - midtones and bass changing with different apps

Discus and support Sound Problems - midtones and bass changing with different apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, can someone help me?Recently I got a problem with my sound. I usually switch between headphones and speakers for audio output. When I use chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Malte1121, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Malte1121 Win User

Sound Problems - midtones and bass changing with different apps

Hi, can someone help me?Recently I got a problem with my sound. I usually switch between headphones and speakers for audio output. When I use chrome and youtube with music it has a normal sound. But when I switch the windows with "alt-tab" to spotify, steam or other programs with sound output - I got this flat, noisy, louder sound. All programs are running at the same time - but the one in front seems to have an influence on sound balance. I have a Lenovo T430 and here is my audio drivers:I can't configure an equalizer nor change app-specific sound settings besides volume. So how and why does

:)

Malte1121, Apr 26, 2021

2. No bass playing in sound

Hello, i have problem with sound, more accurately no bass in it. I´ve already tried clicking Playback Devices > Spatial Sound > Restore Defaults, also this whaat i found as a recommendation on your sites:

• Open the Start menu, then type Device Manager, then select it from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, select your sound card, then open it.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    Nothing worked.... Of course I tried using different headphones etc.

Would appreciate any help, thanks for answering.

T. Zahrada

Tomáš Zahrada, Apr 26, 2021
  3. No bass playing in sound

This problem keeps happening when no bass plays in sounds causing all music to sound tinny.

It happened last week and clicking Playback Devices > Spatial Sound > Restore Defaults fixed the problem.

The problem has now happened again and the above steps have not fixed the problem this time.

I have seen other people mention this in the forum but advice is outdated

Reinstalling Realtek has also not fixed the problem.

Please provide some advice on how to fix this problem.

TonyPlatts, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Sound Problems - midtones and bass changing with different apps

sound bass problem after upgrading to win 10

I, like so many others found wdws10 completely lacking bass thru my hdphone jack. After several long days of searching & trying multitudes of fixes, I finally logged onto Microsoft.com website/fix sound problems. There you can change the worthless codec
    idt sound card to "high definition audio device"...and voila..got the bass back on my HP laptop!!!! What a relief! I use the headphone jack to connect to my receiver, subwoofer and main speakers and play my lists of ITunes. By the way, ITunes has a great
    equalizer that can be accessed under "view", then scroll to "view equalizer". Have a goodie.

jamesgruda, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Sound Problems - midtones and bass changing with different apps

1. Sound Problems - midtones and bass changing with different apps - Similar Threads - Sound Problems midtones

2. System sounds bass boosted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds bass boosted: Hello, so recently just today my system sounds were bass boosted. It wasn't like this before, it just became bass boosted now. I would want to know how to fix this.Thanks....
  3. System sounds bass boosted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds bass boosted: Hello, so recently just today my system sounds were bass boosted. It wasn't like this before, it just became bass boosted now. I would want to know how to fix this.Thanks....
  4. System sounds bass boosted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Boomy" bass sound in laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Boomy" bass sound in laptop speakers: Hey, So basically I am facing an irritating problem, that is my speaker sound too BOOMY and with lot of BASS, when I am using 'Realtek High Definition Audio' Driver. 1 I changed the driver to High Definition Audio, which basically fixed the BOOMY Bass Sound, but then the...
  6. Realtek to much bass and bad sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek to much bass and bad sound?: Hello there. I'm using asus rog g751j windows pro .... i had amazing sound, but for some reason i unistalled from my manager the sound driver, and installed it back but there was no Sound. The drivers from 2019 does not work for me. I needed to install Realtek drivers so i...
  7. No bass and tinny sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No bass and tinny sound: Hi all, I have a HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx running windows 10. I have no Bass in youtube or and media player and the sound in general sounds horrible. This was not always the case. However, when I go into Fruity Loops (a digital audio workstation that uses another...
  8. Sound Bass Boost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Bass Boost: When i look for my bass Boost on my Hyper X Cloud 2 in Sound control panel, bass boost is not an option. Ive updated drivers and still no change, ive also tried a 3rd party equalizer ( Equalizer APO ) and the sound doesnt change when applied submitted by /u/Lil-Grey-Pump...
  9. Reduce bass in VLC sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce bass in VLC sound: How do I reduce bass in vlc sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reduce-bass-in-vlc-sound/95c0876e-306a-4c2b-936c-2bd5b5482ae9
  10. A different sound for the Alarms app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A different sound for the Alarms app: I there a way to add a .wav file to the choice of alarm sounds. I can hardly hear the ones available because they are too short. I have some songs as well as ringers that I can hear across the room. Another question is since the W-10 update I have been bugged by scrolling....