Windows 10: sound problems since update

Discus and support sound problems since update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PattyHarrity, May 19, 2020.

1. sound problems since update

Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not working. I had a very high pitch echo when the mic wasn't not functional. That is gone. I've gone through all of the settings and cannot see anything obviously wrong. I am working from home and need this functional ASAP for meetings.

:)

PattyHarrity, May 19, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 19, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 19, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

sound problems since update

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 19, 2020
Thema:

sound problems since update

1. sound problems since update - Similar Threads - sound problems since

2. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  3. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  4. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound and slow computer since update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound and slow computer since update: I am having problems with slow computer and no sound. This occurred after an update but I'm not sure which one. There were 2 updates on 5/14/2020 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64 [kb455293] and Cumulative Update for Windows...
  6. windows 10- sound problems since update

windows 10- sound problems since update: On my system, the speaker is showing active. It is fine with headphones, Bluetooth...but will only intermittently produce sound from the actual speaker built into the computer. I've followed all of the troubleshooters and Microsoft help. I'm sure there's a conflict...
  7. no sound since update

no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  8. No sound since Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound since Windows 10 update.: I have no sound since Windows 10 update. I have tried uninstalling ads reinstalling the sound drivers. Nothing has worked. Do I need RealTek audio sound drivers?...
  9. Weak audio/sound since updating

Weak audio/sound since updating: I'm using a Lenovo Flex 3 laptop with windows 10 installed. 2 days ago, my windows installed updates automatically and I have not been able to hear audio on most videos clearly. Prior to this update, I would even lower the volume on most YT and facebook videos. Now, even the...
  10. Robot Sounding Microphone Since Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Robot Sounding Microphone Since Update: Hello, Ever since I have upgraded to Windows 10 I have lost pretty much all of my bass in my headphones and my microphone now sounds like a robot to a point that you are not even able to make out what I am saying. I have a Realtek audio card and I have tried playing with...