Windows 10: Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Discus and support Sound problems when plugging in headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flyingdragon91, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers. Basically it is not doing anything automatically, so everytime I plug in headphones, or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually, and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall.

I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me. Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my headphones plugged in, they are still listed under playback, but it does not say they are unplugged. I would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance

:)

flyingdragon91, Jan 19, 2016

2. Windows sound problem

Hey guys I have a problem with my sound. I mean its not excatly a problem . I have windows 10 enterprise x64 bit and have all my drivers installed . The problem is that I have 2 devices like this https://i.gyazo.com/afb9f836e16c4f60f1be29b5dec1cd99.png .
    And when I set the headphones as a default device I only hear sound on headphones and when I set speakers as default device I hear sounds both on speakers and headphones . My question is , how can I be able to hear music from headphones when I plug headphones
    and when I remove headphones to hear music from speakers . I plug headphones I hear music only on headphones not on speakers and when I plug out headphones I hear music on speakers . Understand ? Sorry for my bad english

Ardit Jaha, Jan 19, 2016
  3. JohnDoeUC Win User
    Speakers Stopped Muting When Headphones Plugged In

This only addresses a problem with no sounds not muting the speakers when headphones are plugged in. There is a defect in sound protocol.

JohnDoeUC, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

Sound problems when plugging in headphones

1. Sound problems when plugging in headphones - Similar Threads - Sound problems plugging

2. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  3. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  4. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones making loud sound when plugging in the headset mic

Headphones making loud sound when plugging in the headset mic: i hope this is the right place to ask this : So this problem started today:I have a headset with attached mic. The headset is connected to the computer via 2 3.5mm plugs, one for the sound, one for the mic as it is normally.When I plug in the sound cable, the headset works...
  6. Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in

Headphone jack makes unbearable static sound when I plug headphones in: I have had a brand new a Dell Inspiron 5406 2in1 for a few weeks now, and whenever I plug headphones into the headphone jack, it makes a static sound that replaces any audio that I am meant to be listening to. This issue is not with the headphones as I have tried multiple...
  7. when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and ever since I downloaded the latest windows update my audio has been really glitchy, first off whenever I use headphones I have to restart my laptop for them to work secondly, when headphones are plugged in audio plays from the speaker thirdly...
  8. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  9. no sound when I plug in my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound when I plug in my headphones: When I plug in my headphones, windows turns the sound down to zero. I am on a windows 10 desktop computer that is a few months old. Today is the first time I've tried to use my old headphones. Following advice online I went to SOUND - COMMUNICATIONS and set it to NOTHING,...
  10. Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in

Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in: Hi, I've had this issue on my laptop for the entire time I've owned it, and I've tried to fix it multiple times but still nothing. Sound does not play out of the right headphone speaker, even though windows thinks that it is. This issue is present on all headphones so it's...