Windows 10: Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds

Discus and support Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I recently bought a Windows gaming laptop (MSI), my first ever. I have used Windows before, but that laptop had broken and I replaced it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/epzicuza, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds

Hi everyone! I recently bought a Windows gaming laptop (MSI), my first ever. I have used Windows before, but that laptop had broken and I replaced it with a Macbook (for school, it's lightweight). So fair to say I've been out of the game for a while.

I have this huge annoying problem that is quite hard to explain in a couple of sentences, so allow me to write it as clear as possible. I have asked many people to help me and tried to Google the issue but no luck so far.

So, first off: I'm used to connecting my headset (Sony WH-1000XM3) to my Macbook and I hear every sound I play.
    When I connect my headset to my MSI, it so happens that I don't hear everything I want to hear (music, game sounds, Discord).

I already figured out that there are playback and recording devices that need to be "selected" and "turned off" and be put as default devices.

So I see in that screen that there's playback devices: my laptop's speakers and then my headset has two channels as well: a stereo and a hands-free. Well, well, articles I read had the advice to turn off the hands-free because its quality is inferior to the stereo so I did.

Now, that works well: speakers disabled, hands-free disabled (playback and recording), stereo enabled.

When I want to use discord with it, problems begin. I can't figure out how to use the microphone of my headset AND hear all the sound in high quality. I have tried to enable the microphone (hands-free in recording), because the mic on my laptop isn't the best apparently.

Somehow, I have to turn on the hands-free in playback as well, so then stereo and hands-free are enabled in playback. In recording hands-free is enabled. The rest is disabled.

In that situation I can talk on Discord, but I can't listen to music and game sounds at the same time with communication on Discord.

That leads to me turning off hands-free in playback and recording devices again.

Can anyone help me? I'm up for teamviewer or Discord or anything, I really would like to fix this but I'm only one stupid human. Feel free to pm me!

submitted by /u/epzicuza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/epzicuza, Mar 3, 2020

2. Sound and Music

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the name of the game that you are trying to play?
    2. Do you want to mute the sound of the game while trying to play the music and only want to hear the music and not the game sound?

Please reply us back with the required information.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 3, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds

1. Sound problems when using Discord, music and gaming sounds - Similar Threads - Sound problems using

2. Sound priority issue when playing a game and listening to music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound priority issue when playing a game and listening to music: Hello there. I have a question about sound priorities.I have already browsed through the forum reinstalled the sound driver and set up the levels in the playback device and im still at point zero.I have bluetooth headphones and when playing a game and turning on music at the...
  3. Sound priority issue when playing a game and listening to music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound priority issue when playing a game and listening to music: Hello there. I have a question about sound priorities.I have already browsed through the forum reinstalled the sound driver and set up the levels in the playback device and im still at point zero.I have bluetooth headphones and when playing a game and turning on music at the...
  4. Crackling sound when playing music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling sound when playing music: I heard crackling sound when playing music on Chrome, Edge browser, even I plugged in headphone I still heard that sound. Except playing music on local disk, I didn't hear that. By the same time, my laptop has worked slower than before since the issue appeared. I tried...
  5. games sound problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    games sound problem: hello i have problem with some games in my laptop the sound me like lag the half the sound get out and the left half be like lag i upould i vedio plz whatch and anyone know how to fix plz tell me i have almost all games be like that >< this propelm almost half mounth i...
  6. Sound and gaming problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and gaming problems: Hi, I recently had some problems with my speakers. It seemed that volume on one side of the speaker seemed to be louder than the other. It was previously a hardware problem and that was fixed. Recently, the same thing happened again and after contacting HP support, they...
  7. GAME SOUND PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    GAME SOUND PROBLEM: I was trying to install my Nancy Drew Secret of the Old Clock and I ran into a big problem with the sound. How do I go about fixing this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-sound-problem/ce814c39-575c-4d1a-8e84-2aa9a3a05950
  8. In game sound problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In game sound problems: I don't know if this is from the windows itself necessarily, but it's a possibility. So, I have a computer (laptop) with Windows 10 on it. The problem that I'm experiencing is quite annoying, and it makes certain things very difficult. Some games (on Steam) have only half of...
  9. Sound and Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Music: How to stop the sound playing cards while I have my music on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-and-music/3b974656-181f-4564-bd17-462ce4d43042
  10. Sound and Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Music: How to stop the sound playing cards while I have my music on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/sound-and-music/3b974656-181f-4564-bd17-462ce4d43042