Windows 10: sound problems

Discus and support sound problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; since the latest upgrade, the sound icon does not work, I cannot connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop. I can control individual programs sounds by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jim59047, Oct 23, 2020.

1. jim59047 Win User

sound problems

since the latest upgrade, the sound icon does not work, I cannot connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop. I can control individual programs sounds by going into settings/system/sound/ and using the advanced sound options, but should not have to do this much to raise or lower the volume of an app. my bluetooth speaker does not show up either even though it is paired...what did windows do this time?

:)

jim59047, Oct 23, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 23, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound problems :p

cadaveca, Oct 23, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

sound problems

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

sound problems

1. sound problems - Similar Threads - sound problems

2. Sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem: Hi, I have a problem with the sound on my ASUS TUF Gaming FX-504 laptop. While I am playing any game, after approx 40-50 minutes the sound is starting to stutter and then the sound drops out. Or the laptop changes audio output from headphones to speakers by itself after...
  3. Weird sound problem

Weird sound problem: So after some weeks from a clean installation of windows 10 a weird sound problem has appeared. my microphone just stops working after some momments and i can see that it works perfectly. i pluged in another mic to see if it was broken but no, same problem there too.i was on...
  4. Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Adewi0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxcm9u/windows_10_2004_popping_sound_problem_high_latency/
  5. I have sound problems on my windows

in Cortana
    I have sound problems on my windows: I have sound problems in my windows 10, I am having a recorded problem to be able to listen, nothing comes out, absolutely nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-sound-problems-on-my-windows/cf868b27-490d-4807-8bdb-9e66cd8a1519
  6. Problem Sound in Windows 10 last Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem Sound in Windows 10 last Update: Hey everyone, I updated my desktop HP 650 on last windows 10 version but i have a problem in the sound the driver is showing in the tab but doesn't function I tried to know the problem by troubleshooter he told me that I have to disable all enhancement wen I go to these...
  7. sound problem error: no audio output devices is installed

sound problem error: no audio output devices is installed: I'm facing this issue before 2 days. I tried many times but failed. Please give me solution. Error: no audio output device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem-error-no-audio-output-devices-is/ddf0b0ea-3872-4f60-bdfe-40506f59926c
  8. Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.

Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.: Ok, so I've got a minor but highly-annoying issue that I've never had the time to get to the bottom of. Hoping someone here can throw me an epiphany. This originally started out in r/vlc but I can now reproduce outside of VLC. My setup/use-case: I use VLC to play IPTV...
  9. Sound problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound problems.: Hey, so this happened a few months ago-a year ago and from then on I haven't been able to fix this issue. So I plugged in my headphones which i don't use headphones for my laptop anymore because I don't prefer it and it asked me a question which I think it said something...
  10. Sound problems

Sound problems: Ok first off, a while ago I connected 2 of my headphones, one in front and the other in the back of the PC. When I disconnected the headphones, I can’t connect my headphones in the front of the PC and only reads if the headphones are connected in the back of the computer...