Windows 10: sound problems

Discus and support sound problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I chose different sounds for different actions performed by the computer. I would like to change those sounds, but can{t remember the place/window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GloriaHarrison2, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM.

1. sound problems

I chose different sounds for different actions performed by the computer. I would like to change those sounds, but can{t remember the place/window where I did it. Those sounds are annoying!

:)

GloriaHarrison2, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound problems :p

4. fireberd Win User

sound problems

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

Thema:

sound problems

1. sound problems - Similar Threads - sound problems

2. SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOUND PROBLEM - Realtek Audio in HP Spectre 360x 2-1 2016 Win 10: My problem is one day after computer was running perfectly fine, I just suddenly had no audio device to produce sound. The speaker icon in the Win tool bar had an X and said " No audio device present". I checked if there was an WIndows update the night before and there was....
  3. Sound problems . . .

Sound problems . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. All of a sudden. Every sound, coming out of my internal speakers. Is totally "Garbled"? I have, music, movies, videos. Everything, is garbled? I doubt whatever, drives the speakers. Is, strong enough. To blow, then up?...
  4. audio problem : no sound !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio problem : no sound !!: I actually have used Internet Explorer 11 and recently changed Microsoft Edge. after that I can not hear audio sound. please let me know how to hear audio sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-problem-no-sound/6dca9c9a-ae4c-495f-bf19-2cae5949cd41
  5. Problems with sound

Problems with sound: Hello, i've had this problem with windows lately, which is some applications won't play sound. For what i have found browsers or my games do not play sound. I have tried restarting my pc and checking if the applications would be muted by the system, but nothing works. Any...
  6. Has anyone solved successfully the problem with the startup sound and shutting down sound...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone solved successfully the problem with the startup sound and shutting down sound...: Because I have tried them all but nothing.... thank you in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-solved-successfully-the-problem-with/b2134b01-66d4-44f7-ac6e-a643db63a235
  7. Surround Sound Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround Sound Problems: I have a 4.1 sound system. Not a 5.1. Windows sounds and Minecraft work, in surround sound. YouTube iTunes Netflix etc. do not. I have gone through Realtek audio manager and enabled speaker fill, and gone through control panel too. I don't know why this wont work. But I do...
  8. Problem in sound on Bluetooth headphones

Problem in sound on Bluetooth headphones: I have a PC running windows 10. Earlier everything was working fine but recently I discovered an issue with the sound using while Bluetooth headphones. When I have sound playing, and I click on the Wi-Fi icon on taskbar, the sound stops coming. It does not come until and...
  9. Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Problem: I have lost all sound from my HP Laptop. How restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem/5a9e45ae-4b14-44b1-8f33-2ee7c629c7db
  10. Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recurring problem with sound stopping, have to restart to get it back. Zoom or Windows issue?: I have a recurring problem where the sound on my laptop stops working, usually when I'm in the middle of trying to listen to a Zoom meeting or online concert which is very annoying. In order to get it back I have to restart Zoom, sometimes the whole computer. But it happens...