Windows 10: Sound quality after updates

Discus and support Sound quality after updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The sound got worse after Windows update. It is cracking and the quality doesn’t depend on the speakers or headphones. The Sound issues occur in every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Susan Amin, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Sound quality after updates

The sound got worse after Windows update. It is cracking and the quality doesn’t depend on the speakers or headphones. The Sound issues occur in every browser and several different music streaming services.

:)

Susan Amin, Jan 8, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 8, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound quality after updates :p

cadaveca, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Jodpur Win User

Sound quality after updates

Realtek HD Audio low and bad quality sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Do the following steps:

1. Go into Sound.
    2. Properties.
    3. Advanced and change the sound quality from CD to DVD quality.

It worked for me.

Jodpur, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Sound quality after updates

1. Sound quality after updates - Similar Threads - Sound quality updates

2. Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update: Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update KB5025221 to Window 10 V22H2. Uninstalled update and problem resolved. Is there a better solution?I installed Quality Update KB5025221 and restart tone sequence played over and over every few seconds after system...
  3. Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update: Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update KB5025221 to Window 10 V22H2. Uninstalled update and problem resolved. Is there a better solution?I installed Quality Update KB5025221 and restart tone sequence played over and over every few seconds after system...
  4. Recurring windows startup sound after Quality Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bad sound quality after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad sound quality after 2004 update: I updated my windows to 2004 a few days ago because they force me to update, previously I was using 1903. I have Logitech speakers and I noticed that the sound produced by my speakers got bad after updating to 2004. Does this have something to do with the drivers? 165358
  6. Sound quality dropped after installing new update

Sound quality dropped after installing new update: Two weeks ago, when i got a notification for a new update, i installed the update and noticed immiediately after, that the quality of the sound has gotten significantly worse. I checked if its just my recently-bought headphones, but they weren't the problem. I removed the...
  7. Sound quality problems after Windows update

Sound quality problems after Windows update: Good day. 3 days I updated my Windows 10 Pro and ever since then, my laptop sound has been very low. Even when I've put the volume to max, it plays like its on volume 20. I tried to rollback to the previous sound configuration but I cant find rollback in sound settings....
  8. Issues with sound quality after updates

Issues with sound quality after updates: So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but... So, again, as far as I can see, the "solutions" are: Dumb down the speakers and audio - CD quality, remove enhancements, etc. NOT A SOLUTION Dumb down /...
  9. sound quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound quality: So I have recently updated from win 8.1 pro to win10 pro..... The sound quality in win 8.1pro was very nice an the bass were goo n my headphones ....but after i updated to win 10 pro the quality is bad ....pls help...
  10. Sound Quality

Sound Quality: Sorry I am late in replying. I had a look through sound packages available and bought a Creative Labs 2.1 system, the improvement is quite a mark up. It was about £55. I knew about enhancements, they are built into windows control panel/sound. Realtek sound drivers are always...