Windows 10: Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated)

Discus and support Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Out of nowhere, the sound in my headphones are crackling/muffled/fuzzy. I've tried: -Re-installing drivers -Trying new drivers (microsoft HD)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mysterious Rage, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated)

Out of nowhere, the sound in my headphones are crackling/muffled/fuzzy.

I've tried:

-Re-installing drivers

-Trying new drivers (microsoft HD)

-Ensured onboard sound card is enabled and working

-No option to roll back

-No recovery point

-Restarting

-Confirmed there was no audio enchacements

-Confirmed it wasn't my headphones as I tried my headphones on multiple different devices and had perfect sound quality and tried connecting speakers to my computer, only to experience the same sound quality problem.

I did some digging and found this event listed:

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{e995cbd4-7145-49c0-99ed-46863db0d03d} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

From what I could gather, this is a driver incompatibility issue.

The headphones are Bose earphones plugged into the headset jack.

I couldn't find anything online to help remedy this issue. This happened just yesterday and continued into today.

Two updates were installed on the 9th:

2018-12 Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 (KB4023057)

2018-12 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 (KB4471331)

Other system info:

-Windows 10 Pro x64

-Version 10.0.17134

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

Mysterious Rage, Dec 10, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 10, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated) :p

cadaveca, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Jodpur Win User

Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated)

Realtek HD Audio low and bad quality sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Do the following steps:

1. Go into Sound.
    2. Properties.
    3. Advanced and change the sound quality from CD to DVD quality.

It worked for me.

Jodpur, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated)

1. Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated) - Similar Threads - Sound quality wack

2. Bad sound quality on all probably external devices after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad sound quality on all probably external devices after BIOS update.: Hello, I have a new HP laptop that came with windows 11. After restarting it yesterday I had a unwanted BIOS update that automatically installed. At the same date I installed a new program SteelSeries Engine which came with SteelSeries Sonar. After pluging in my headphones...
  3. Bad sound quality on all probably external devices after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad sound quality on all probably external devices after BIOS update.: Hello, I have a new HP laptop that came with windows 11. After restarting it yesterday I had a unwanted BIOS update that automatically installed. At the same date I installed a new program SteelSeries Engine which came with SteelSeries Sonar. After pluging in my headphones...
  4. My Windows 10 Wacked out For a Minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Wacked out For a Minute: I really have no idea what just happened. I had four or five tabs going on. I put the cursor over one tab, the little drop down square popped up to tell me which tab it was and then everything went weird. My cursor froze I should add that my mouse is not wireless, then it...
  5. sound quality

sound quality: When I'm on a zoom meeting the sound is garbled like it is under water. This is true for both what I hear and what the other people hear when I talk. Is there something I can do to correct this?...
  6. Is sound quality reduced in "Listen to this device" for recording devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is sound quality reduced in "Listen to this device" for recording devices?: I'm planning on setting a Virtual Audio Cable input as my default playback device and setting the VAC output (a recording device) to "Listen to this device" into my headphones. Would listening to all my audio through the "Listen to this device" setting reduce the audio...
  7. After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack: So here are my specs: i7-7700k, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM, i have a phenomenal NZXT liquid cooling AIO system, an m.2 solid state for OS and a 1TB HDD, etc...my computer has ran perfectly up until i updated some dumb stuff through the windows update in the system settings. since i...
  8. Microsoft out of wack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft out of wack: I can not use any of my Microsoft apps such as calculator, and it indicates I have to fix my Microsoft apps so I can continue using this device. Whats going on?...
  9. sound quality

sound quality: So I have recently updated from win 8.1 pro to win10 pro..... The sound quality in win 8.1pro was very nice an the bass were goo n my headphones ....but after i updated to win 10 pro the quality is bad ....pls help...
  10. File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?: I was remapping the default folders under THIS PC. Somehow (and I have no idea how), two folders named DOCUMENTS appear with no DOWNLOADS folder. See pic: [img] Interestingly enough, at random times, I may open file explorer and see two DOWNLOADS folders and no...