Windows 10: Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

Discus and support Sound quality drop when microphone is activated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi team, I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Jabra Evolve2 85. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by o_oBlackOut-_-, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

Hi team,

I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Jabra Evolve2 85. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphona and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music streaming service, a videogame the sound is great. As soon as the microphone is activated within an app e.g. discord/teams/zoom and even within the windows settings the sound quality severely drops out... I'm going from forum to forum without a single hint. Also it's not a matter of "power" meaning the audio mixer shows unchanged levels when switching from active to unactive microphone state.

I hope this is clear enough and thank you for reading this :

:)

o_oBlackOut-_-, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Smittychat., Apr 21, 2021
  3. Microphone Sound Quality

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, you could try the following:

Step 1 - Run the troubleshooter

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click onView all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Playing Audio option.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 2 - Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the
    driver.

Step 3 - Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click Apply.

PeterFlynn4, Apr 21, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

1. Sound quality drop when microphone is activated - Similar Threads - Sound quality drop

2. Audio quality drops when using microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality drops when using microphone: Whenever I join a discord call, the audio quality of my headphones that are really good drop down to absolutely horrible audio quality. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-quality-drops-when-using-microphone/ccfe3493-031f-4480-8abc-b4f212a9554f
  3. Audio quality drops when using microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio quality drops when using microphone: Whenever I join a discord call, the audio quality of my headphones that are really good drop down to absolutely horrible audio quality. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-quality-drops-when-using-microphone/ccfe3493-031f-4480-8abc-b4f212a9554f
  4. Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call: So I noticed that my sound quality drops so much that everything on my computer is almost impossible to hear when I enter a call. It wasn't anything to do with audio levels changing, just quality dropping. At first I thought it had something to do with Bluetooth switching...
  5. Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call

Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call: So I noticed that my sound quality drops so much that everything on my computer is almost impossible to hear when I enter a call. It wasn't anything to do with audio levels changing, just quality dropping. At first I thought it had something to do with Bluetooth switching...
  6. Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...

Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...: Whenever my laptop goes into power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality is just fine. But whenever I plug in my laptop or turn off power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop and the sound is very unclear and blurry, and too...
  7. Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...: Whenever my laptop goes into power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality is just fine. But whenever I plug in my laptop or turn off power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop and the sound is very unclear and blurry, and too...
  8. audio quality drops when my microphone is activated in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio quality drops when my microphone is activated in settings: Whenever my mic is enabled in the windows privacy settings my desktop audio quality drops, even is I turn the actual microphone off. I have gone through all the troubleshooting I can in the setting for this, contacted Microsoft support , let them take control of my screen and...
  9. audio quality drops when my microphone is activated in settings

audio quality drops when my microphone is activated in settings: Whenever my mic is enabled in the windows privacy settings my desktop audio quality drops, even is I turn the actual microphone off. I have gone through all the troubleshooting I can in the setting for this, contacted Microsoft support , let them take control of my screen and...
  10. Microphone Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Sound Quality: Hi, how do you make your microphone quality sound better? With that unknown noise like scratch sound or whatever. Because I am having bad mic quality in my headset. Help, please. Thank you...