Windows 10: Sound quality dropped after installing new update

Discus and support Sound quality dropped after installing new update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Two weeks ago, when i got a notification for a new update, i installed the update and noticed immiediately after, that the quality of the sound has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Across07, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Across07 Win User

Sound quality dropped after installing new update

Two weeks ago, when i got a notification for a new update, i installed the update and noticed immiediately after, that the quality of the sound has gotten significantly worse.
    I checked if its just my recently-bought headphones, but they weren't the problem. I removed the updated and that fixed the sound.

Yesterday i got the update notif' again, and installed the update (i forgot about the sound problem). After i realized it still had the sound problem, i tried removing the update, but this time it didn't fix the sound.

I ended up updating everything, to see if the problem was fixed, but it's still there. How should i fix this?

(also, yes i did try fixing windows media player and a bunch of other stuff when the problem first arose)

:)

Across07, Oct 13, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Smittychat., Oct 13, 2019
  4. Sound quality dropped after installing new update

Quality Sound Problem since Creators Update

Hello,

Issues with sound quality after an update may arise due to the new components being incompatible with the existing sound drivers. For us to properly recommend the most appropriate resolution for your concern, provide answers to these questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when playing audio on the computer?
    • Did you encounter the same difficulty in playing audio files on your computer or music on the Internet?
    • Are there any third party accessories connected to your device that can cause conflicts?
    • May we know how you installed the Creators Update on your PC?

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . This reference has been known to resolve most of the common sound issues.

We will be waiting for your response so we can move forward to sorting out your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Sound quality dropped after installing new update

1. Sound quality dropped after installing new update - Similar Threads - Sound quality dropped

2. Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call: So I noticed that my sound quality drops so much that everything on my computer is almost impossible to hear when I enter a call. It wasn't anything to do with audio levels changing, just quality dropping. At first I thought it had something to do with Bluetooth switching...
  3. Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Quality Drops When Entering A Call: So I noticed that my sound quality drops so much that everything on my computer is almost impossible to hear when I enter a call. It wasn't anything to do with audio levels changing, just quality dropping. At first I thought it had something to do with Bluetooth switching...
  4. Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...: Whenever my laptop goes into power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality is just fine. But whenever I plug in my laptop or turn off power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop and the sound is very unclear and blurry, and too...
  5. Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound quality drop when microphone is activated: Hi team, I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Jabra Evolve2 85. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphona and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music...
  6. Sound Quality Drop After using HDMI Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Quality Drop After using HDMI Output: Not sure why or what is happening but I have noticed that after using an HDMI out the quality of sound accross the board on my laptop is very bad. bass becomes distorted and becomes very "tinny". I have to shut down the laptop and keep it off for a minute. only after that...
  7. Bad sound quality after 2004 update

Bad sound quality after 2004 update: I updated my windows to 2004 a few days ago because they force me to update, previously I was using 1903. I have Logitech speakers and I noticed that the sound produced by my speakers got bad after updating to 2004. Does this have something to do with the drivers? 165358
  8. Sound quality problems after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound quality problems after Windows update: Good day. 3 days I updated my Windows 10 Pro and ever since then, my laptop sound has been very low. Even when I've put the volume to max, it plays like its on volume 20. I tried to rollback to the previous sound configuration but I cant find rollback in sound settings....
  9. Sound quality after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound quality after updates: The sound got worse after Windows update. It is cracking and the quality doesn’t depend on the speakers or headphones. The Sound issues occur in every browser and several different music streaming services....
  10. Issues with sound quality after updates

Issues with sound quality after updates: So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but... So, again, as far as I can see, the "solutions" are: Dumb down the speakers and audio - CD quality, remove enhancements, etc. NOT A SOLUTION Dumb down /...