Windows 10: Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active.

Discus and support Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have an issue on my Windows 11 desketop that I can't fix for months now.I use a bluetooth headset with my PC. The sound quality is good and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gaspard MONTANTEME, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active.

Hi,I have an issue on my Windows 11 desketop that I can't fix for months now.I use a bluetooth headset with my PC. The sound quality is good and everything works well.When I start using the mic included in my headset, wheather it's with discord, teams, zoom or other, I suddently have a massive decrease in sound quality. The sound is "messy" and is also louder. I can't really take it quieter. Even if I try to lower the volume, it stays very loud.This lasts while my mic is on. When I stop using it, after like 2-3 seconds, the sound is back to normal again. I have tries many different things like

:)

Gaspard MONTANTEME, Nov 30, 2023

2. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Gamebar Mic Quality Issues

Whenever I use the gamebar on my PC to join a party chat with my friends on Xbox I am told the mic quality has a ton of feedback in combination with sounding like being underwater. I tested the mic on discord and some recording software and the mic sounded perfectly normal and clear. I then tried plugging in another mic with the same result of terrible quality on game bar but good quality everywhere else. Does anyone know a fix? I have tried resetting the settings on gamebar and that did nothing. Also tested plugging my mic into my series X and it had 0 issues in party chat on there.

Brian Satterwhite, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active.

Smittychat., Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active.

1. Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active. - Similar Threads - Sound quality issue

2. Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound quality issue on windows 11 when mic is active.: Hi,I have an issue on my Windows 11 desketop that I can't fix for months now.I use a bluetooth headset with my PC. The sound quality is good and everything works well.When I start using the mic included in my headset, wheather it's with discord, teams, zoom or other, I...
  3. Issues with mic/ sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with mic/ sound: Sent my PC in to get fixed, and it came back but the mic and sound on it is all janky.. Right now im having issues with the internal microphone not working, the PC is just not detecting any sound, and nobody can hear me over zoom or discord or anything. However it fixes if i...
  4. Issues with mic/ sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with mic/ sound: Sent my PC in to get fixed, and it came back but the mic and sound on it is all janky.. Right now im having issues with the internal microphone not working, the PC is just not detecting any sound, and nobody can hear me over zoom or discord or anything. However it fixes if i...
  5. Gamebar Mic Quality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar Mic Quality Issues: Whenever I use the gamebar on my PC to join a party chat with my friends on Xbox I am told the mic quality has a ton of feedback in combination with sounding like being underwater. I tested the mic on discord and some recording software and the mic sounded perfectly normal...
  6. Gamebar Mic Quality Issues

Gamebar Mic Quality Issues: Whenever I use the gamebar on my PC to join a party chat with my friends on Xbox I am told the mic quality has a ton of feedback in combination with sounding like being underwater. I tested the mic on discord and some recording software and the mic sounded perfectly normal...
  7. Gamebar Mic Quality Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. WINDOWS 11 BUG SOUND QUALITY

WINDOWS 11 BUG SOUND QUALITY: Hello, I have a problem with the sound settings of my windows 11, the problem is that I can not change the quality of my headset and the headset microphone. If anyone has a solution, I’m happy to. Thank youHeadset :Microphone :...
  9. Sound/mic issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound/mic issue: I think I'm experiencing a problem with my Mic setting As soon as I switched to the Recording section, I suddenly lost my volume and the mic on my headphone isn't recording at all how do i fix this? and also when I join the voice chat channel on games, the volume just shuts...
  10. Sound quality drop when microphone is activated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound quality drop when microphone is activated: Hi team, I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Jabra Evolve2 85. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphona and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music...