Windows 10: Sound quality of headphones

Discus and support Sound quality of headphones in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a long while I'm finally fed up with whatever is happening and I want to get to the bottom of it. For the longest time, the headphone sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kye_, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Kye_ Win User

Sound quality of headphones

After a long while I'm finally fed up with whatever is happening and I want to get to the bottom of it. For the longest time, the headphone sound quality of my headphones have been fairly subpar. When I first got my computer, my headphones had binaural audio and generally higher sound quality. But as time progressed it faded away. From a good consistent audio to only the first time after I restarted my computer. After unplugging and replugging it in, the exceptional quality faded. But now I can only get meh quality from all audio from this computer. I know something is off because when I plug the same headphones into my phone, I get much better quality. I cant roll back the drivers, I've un and reinstalled the software for the headphones, and nothing has worked. I need some help here.

:)

2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with headphone sound quality

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with
    headphone sound quality. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect audio settings.

2. Corrupt audio driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run Audio Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press the Windows key on the keyboard.

b) Type troubleshooter in the search box
    and then press enter.

c) Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’.

Method 2:

I see that you have updated audio drivers, however I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall audio driver from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the sound driver.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click
    Device Manger.

b. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers”.

c. Right-click on ‘High Definition Audio Device
    and select ‘uninstall’.

d. Follow the prompt and restart the computer.

Step 2:

Now re-install latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200007781

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Sound quality of headphones

Bluetooth headphone and sound quality

Hi I have recently bought a bluetooth headphone.

The sound quality is great on my android phone and windows 10 phone.

However when I connect the headphone to my acer switch 10 laptop, The sound quality becomes drastic.

I found a fix on youtube that says to uncheck handfree option in services. when I do that my sound quality improves but I get another issue.

for 10 seconds the sound quality stays great and then for 5 second I am not able to hear anything it is a lot distorted.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thank you so much

Muhammad Waqar Akram, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Sound quality of headphones

1. Sound quality of headphones - Similar Threads - Sound quality headphones

2. Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality: Notes:I am using Bang & Olufsen bluetooth earbuds model Beoplay EX. When connected to Windows 11 the sound quality is absolutely atrocious.Things I have tried:disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth earbuds forget and re-establish connection - result: did not fix.looked...
  3. Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality: Notes:I am using Bang & Olufsen bluetooth earbuds model Beoplay EX. When connected to Windows 11 the sound quality is absolutely atrocious.Things I have tried:disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth earbuds forget and re-establish connection - result: did not fix.looked...
  4. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  5. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  6. Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality on windows 11: My WH1000XM4 Sony Bluetooth headphones have bad sound quality when connected to my laptop, compared to other devices such as an iPhone where the sound is fine. This is presumably because of the hands free headset mode. I am unable to disable the hands free setting in windows...
  7. Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...

Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...: Whenever my laptop goes into power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality is just fine. But whenever I plug in my laptop or turn off power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop and the sound is very unclear and blurry, and too...
  8. How to change type of headphones for sound quality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change type of headphones for sound quality?: After plugging my headphones in Windows 10 and getting the dialog box that says "Identify device", I accidentally clicked the "remember this option" choice which prevents me from selecting the headphone type from earbuds to over-ear headphones, in-ear, etc. How can I change...
  9. Fix bad sound quality with bluetooth headphones

Fix bad sound quality with bluetooth headphones: Hi! I've just bought new pc. I connected bluetooth headphones and got scared of sound quality. Here is my solution: 1. Go to control panel 2. Click on View devices and printers 3. Right click on your headphones 4. Click on Properties 5. Switch to Service tab 6. Turn...
  10. Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones

Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones: It's the same headphones, but now it's looks like this. [ATTACH] Well, until then, it was good. Trying to troubleshoot doesn't help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Idk why it's connected like voice. I tried to reinstall but it's still the same [ATTACH]...