Windows 10: Sound Quality using Bluetooth

Discus and support Sound Quality using Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, the sound quality on my laptop is very poor when using Bluetooth. If I plug the laptop directly in the speech and sound is absolutely fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mystokie, Apr 20, 2021.

1. mystokie Win User

Sound Quality using Bluetooth

Hi, the sound quality on my laptop is very poor when using Bluetooth.

If I plug the laptop directly in the speech and sound is absolutely fine, but if I try and use the headphones using Bluetooth the quality is very poor.

For example, when speaking using the Bluetooth connection people cant understand what I am saying, and when I watch things on Youytube the sound is poor indeed.

I have tried several Bluetooth headsets and all have the same issues.

Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

mystokie, Apr 20, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Smittychat., Apr 20, 2021
  4. Sound Quality using Bluetooth

Bluetooth Sound Quality is Terrible

thanks for @Maximus2016 on the
    lenovo support forums
    I've fixed my problem!

• Right click the speaker icon in the system tray by the clock
      • Click 'Playback devices'
    • Change the default to the 'headphones'

the lenovo support link has screen shots, fyi.

"Some bluetooth devices have
    2 modes: Regular listening device and a "handsfree" mode where you can use both the audio and microphone. If you somehow got switched to
    handsfree mode, then the audio quality will be much worse since some of the
    bluetooth bandwidth will be taken up for the microphone."

Mike DePouw, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Sound Quality using Bluetooth

1. Sound Quality using Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Sound Quality using

2. Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality: Notes:I am using Bang & Olufsen bluetooth earbuds model Beoplay EX. When connected to Windows 11 the sound quality is absolutely atrocious.Things I have tried:disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth earbuds forget and re-establish connection - result: did not fix.looked...
  3. Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality: Notes:I am using Bang & Olufsen bluetooth earbuds model Beoplay EX. When connected to Windows 11 the sound quality is absolutely atrocious.Things I have tried:disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth earbuds forget and re-establish connection - result: did not fix.looked...
  4. Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone: I run windows 11 on my HP Omen 15 Laptop. My issue is that whenever I use Bluetooth headphones the Audio Quality goes far down during calls on Discord or such. It is only when during a call. I am not aware of any Setting that I would find to fix this. Tried searching through...
  5. Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone: I run windows 11 on my HP Omen 15 Laptop. My issue is that whenever I use Bluetooth headphones the Audio Quality goes far down during calls on Discord or such. It is only when during a call. I am not aware of any Setting that I would find to fix this. Tried searching through...
  6. Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device: submitted by /u/odedgal67 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0nosv/bad_sound_quality_after_using_a_bluetooth_device/
  7. Bluetooth Hands-Free Microphone and Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Hands-Free Microphone and Sound Quality: Greetings, Due to Covid-19 I had to stay at home and attend a lot of video call meetings. Sadly I found out using bluetooth headphones is not really optimal for these cases. Then I did some research: It looks like I can either use my bluetooth headset as headphones...
  8. crapy bluetooth headset sound quality

in Windows 10 Customization
    crapy bluetooth headset sound quality: so the issue is whenever i buy bt headphones off eBay the sound quality on windows devices sucks its fine on my phone but on any pc it sucks i used to have a fix for this and was that i would go into device manager and select the headphones and uncheck the box that said...
  9. Fix bad sound quality with bluetooth headphones

Fix bad sound quality with bluetooth headphones: Hi! I've just bought new pc. I connected bluetooth headphones and got scared of sound quality. Here is my solution: 1. Go to control panel 2. Click on View devices and printers 3. Right click on your headphones 4. Click on Properties 5. Switch to Service tab 6. Turn...
  10. Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones

Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones: It's the same headphones, but now it's looks like this. [ATTACH] Well, until then, it was good. Trying to troubleshoot doesn't help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Idk why it's connected like voice. I tried to reinstall but it's still the same [ATTACH]...