Windows 10: sound quality

Discus and support sound quality in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have recently updated from win 8.1 pro to win10 pro..... The sound quality in win 8.1pro was very nice an the bass were goo n my headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neilchatterjee, Jul 22, 2018.

1. sound quality

So I have recently updated from win 8.1 pro to win10 pro..... The sound quality in win 8.1pro was very nice an the bass were goo n my headphones ....but after i updated to win 10 pro the quality is bad ....pls help

:)

Neilchatterjee, Jul 22, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 22, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound quality :p

cadaveca, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

sound quality

Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

sound quality

1. sound quality - Similar Threads - sound quality

2. Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers: I have just gotten a new Win laptop - MSI Stealth 16, supposedly a great laptop - and have been struggling to get good, acceptable sound quality. I come from an old mac, where the sound was terrific. What's problematic:I've tried various equalisers in Win 11 including Boom,...
  3. Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mediocre sound quality despite excellent speakers: I have just gotten a new Win laptop - MSI Stealth 16, supposedly a great laptop - and have been struggling to get good, acceptable sound quality. I come from an old mac, where the sound was terrific. What's problematic:I've tried various equalisers in Win 11 including Boom,...
  4. Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters: I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 that I've linked with Phone Link on my new Win11 computer. I got it to link ok, and I can access my phone for apps and to make phone calls. But when I play audio on the phone, I can only hear it from the phone speaker, not the pc. I was able to get...
  5. Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters

Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters: I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 that I've linked with Phone Link on my new Win11 computer. I got it to link ok, and I can access my phone for apps and to make phone calls. But when I play audio on the phone, I can only hear it from the phone speaker, not the pc. I was able to get...
  6. AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11

AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11: YOUR MIC MAY NEED SHUT OFF. IF THIS DOESN’T SOLVE IT, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND ENSURE THAT THE MICROPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED AND THEN TEST SOUND. I may be late to the party. Regardless, I am a new owner of a Windows 11 equipped computer and, while attempting to use my AirPods...
  7. AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11: YOUR MIC MAY NEED SHUT OFF. IF THIS DOESN’T SOLVE IT, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND ENSURE THAT THE MICROPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED AND THEN TEST SOUND. I may be late to the party. Regardless, I am a new owner of a Windows 11 equipped computer and, while attempting to use my AirPods...
  8. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  9. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  10. Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.: Browsed the Internet for quite a while but couldn't find any fixes on this issue...apparently it is because the Bluetooth speaker has a mic so it is identified as "Handsfree Headphones"... I have done some basic methods and troubleshooting like reinstalling drivers or...