Windows 10: Sound quieting when loud sounds play.

Discus and support Sound quieting when loud sounds play. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was listening to Spotify while playing a Roblox fps and every time I shot the loud gun, the sound of my music would quiet because after the gunshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigBiggaBoii, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Sound quieting when loud sounds play.

I was listening to Spotify while playing a Roblox fps and every time I shot the loud gun, the sound of my music would quiet because after the gunshot stopped it remained quiet for 1 to 2 seconds after. How can I make it so that my music/ youtube video does not quiet when a loud sound is played.

submitted by /u/BigBiggaBoii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigBiggaBoii, Dec 18, 2020
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: https://i.stack.imgur.com/HKSzf.png

Does anyone know what else to try?

3. Sumi8 Win User
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my MacBook Pro running Windows 10 Pro through Bootcamp. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: Img

Does anyone know what else to try?

Sumi8, Dec 18, 2020
  4. smith256 Win User

Sound quieting when loud sounds play.

Sound is too low for windows 10

Try these steps:

• Open the Sound menu (as shown in your second screenshot).

• Right-click on your speakers (or the audio output you want to amplify), and select Properties.

• Go to the Enhancements tab.

• Check the Loudness Equalization option.
    This makes quiet sounds louder, loud sounds quieter.

smith256, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Sound quieting when loud sounds play.

1. Sound quieting when loud sounds play. - Similar Threads - Sound quieting loud

2. My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played: My pc suddenly started turning off on it is own and a buzzing sound appeared after some time from the problem in every headphones or speaker connected to it, i thought it was an overheating problem but now that i changed the thermal paste and cleaned the case the thing is...
  3. My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played: My pc suddenly started turning off on it is own and a buzzing sound appeared after some time from the problem in every headphones or speaker connected to it, i thought it was an overheating problem but now that i changed the thermal paste and cleaned the case the thing is...
  4. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound: I have a problem with the microphone. When I'm playing games on discord it works fine. But after an hour, suddenly my voice was not heard and there was only a thunderous buzzing sound and they won't stop. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and it doesn't work.Please help...
  5. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound: I have a problem with the microphone. When I'm playing games on discord it works fine. But after an hour, suddenly my voice was not heard and there was only a thunderous buzzing sound and they won't stop. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and it doesn't work.Please help...
  6. Loud Constant Beep When Sound Changes

Loud Constant Beep When Sound Changes: I get a loud, constant beep when I turn the sound on from my laptop. The sound only goes off only if I turn off the laptop or put in sleep mode. The beep still goes off even when I mute the speakers or adjust the volume. The sound works because I can hear the music or sounds...
  7. Sound is too quiet

Sound is too quiet: I have a problem with sound. It is too quiet and I can't make it louder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-quiet/f8a99e8a-db8b-44f1-802e-8f101863c930
  8. Loud fan exhaust sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud fan exhaust sound.: After latest windows update fan exhaust sound is too loud, not even in one laptop but in 3 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-fan-exhaust-sound/2fc4949e-51bf-4f90-89b1-07dcadd2116e
  9. Loud pop before playing sound

Loud pop before playing sound: I'm having problems with audio. Every time a sound plays, I hear a loud pop. This issue only occurs when I'm using my headphones. I think this is a driver or software issue but I don't know how to fix it. Any help? (I'm using Windows 10 Home v. 1903 on an HP Notebook...
  10. Quiet Sound Problem

Quiet Sound Problem: So I have all my volume and sound settings maxed including playback devices I also currently have Realtek HD Audio Manager installed also with max volume on. Plz help! 27686